• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help s2

S2GAL

Lurker
New member here so firstly sorry if this has been asked before but my galaxy s2 has a usb port problem, it keeps saying its charging when nothings connected and sometimes the battery icon keep blinking
But my battery life is really poor and it says the screen is taking 99%? Is this also to do with the usb port? Please help..

New member here so firstly sorry if this has been asked before but my galaxy s2 has a usb port problem, it keeps saying its charging when nothings connected and sometimes the battery icon keep blinking
But my battery life is really poor and it says the screen is taking 99%? Is this also to do with the usb port? Please help..

Hello S2GAL.. welcome to the forums. :)

First just try removing and putting back in the battery after shutting the device down. That sometimes clears things up. If that makes no difference, try a "live battery pull," meaning with the device on, pull out the battery and wait a minute, then put it back in and power up and check for proper functionality.

How long have you had your S2? I'm wondering if the battery is so old that it is not able to show enough data to the system battery monitoring circuitry to give any kind of meter level reading or even to accept a charge.

Try a known good battery, either a friend's or purchased from a good store. If things are back to normal, then it was obviously the battery itself. ;)

If the situation looks the same with a new or borrowed good battery, then you may have an issue with the charging cable, the charger or as you say the port itself.

You can replace the cable and charger, and you can clean the port with rubbing alcohol on cotton. While cleaning, have a close look at the little contacts to be sure none are bent or missing. ;)

Good luck, let us know how things are going.

Thanks for replying Frisco I had my S2 for about 10 months so not that old. When i got to about 2% battery i turned it off and took the battery out and put it back in, charged it for a while and when it got to 90% it jumped to 100% so i took the charger out but it kept saying "battery full remove charger" so i restarted the phone and it says 90% with the battery icon still blinking but the screen is on 39% now instead of 99%.

Looks like you may have to do a factory reset, if you do make sure you backup what you want to save.

currently having the same problem , mines only 8 months old , ive done the fac reset and re installed the rom , screen wasnt timeing out on mine too so it was draining the battery .
I turned the phone off and using a wooden cocktail stick pushed up the metal contact in the port to straightened it out and its fixed it temporarily , but I know im going to have to replace the port at some stage

Back
Top Bottom