• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Please Help! Serious Market Issue

smudgeyjoe

Jan 18, 2011
Gingerbread bricked my phone, but fortunately, Best Buy Black Tie gave me a newly refurbished Shift Pre-Gingerbread. That's great, but I have a serious app issue. I had 50 plus apps on my phone before it bit the dust. When it bit the dust, I lost the G-Mail account those apps were related to. Since I don't use G-Mail, I don't know what that acct. username was. I only used it that first day to set things up. Right now, when I try to re-populate my desktop, the Android Market sees me as a new user and won't let me re-download my previous purchases without paying again. You would think that using either my mobile phone #, or my credit card number, neither of which have changed, that I could straighten this out, but the Android Market really has no support other than this forum. I am a retiree on a pension, and I simply can't afford to re-purchase. I would be tremendously grateful for your help.:(

It is frustrating, 330D. You and I both know that if I could speak to a live person, or even send an e-mail to Customer Service for the Android Market, someone could give me the info in an instant. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get past forums. When I called Google customer service, they would only talk to me if I wanted to advertise on Google. If anyone has real contact info, please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones