• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root -Port QuietMiui Pre-Alpha

QuietStorm1785

Alright guys, I know I promised something yesterday in the cm10 thread, so here it is:
A bootable port of Miui. As always:

I will offer no support for what you are about to download. You yourself are held responsible for your device and what happens to it. That is to include bricking, involuntary vomiting of internal components, involuntary nuclear disasters, loss of service, loss of limbs, loss of skin tissue or any other loss of anything. I will not offer support, this is a super pre alpha stage rom, so please no complaints or questions as to "ETA's". I will not tolerate being asked questions about ETAs. If you want it now, do like I did, GOOGLE HOW TO DO IT AND LEARN.

Now that that rant is done, on to the goodness... I have been working on this for about two days now, and this is as far as I have gotten so far. I had to remove phone.apk and telephony.apk. That means that there is no mms, phone, sms, or any connection to wireless provider. There is Wifi, which works well. I have not tried BT yet, but I do know I need to switch shiz around with the bluetooth to get it to work. It is running on a base of simplicity, using the simplicity kernel that chevanlol created. As i stated in the code block above, "THIS IS A SUPER PRE ALPHA..." meaning that I will not offer any help regarding it. Just install it like any other rom. Will be adding aroma installer later after I finish fixing the big stuff.

Please hit the like button for me. Missed quite a bit of sleep over the past few days trying to bring something out before the New Year.... BTW, Happy New Year... Im going back to work.

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0hrzcquou4pt3g/MIUI_Fx1s-NoTelephony.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Yayyyy! Im currently using cm11 koren version on lg f7 it has some bugs and some broken things. But are you making the miui v5??

We have had miui for 8 months same problems as yours accept telephony.apk and MMS work. I never
Did copy pvover the RIL files from chevs cm10 beta #3 that should at least get us on the network.

People To Thank

● Chevanlol360 for his work on bringing us cm10 and his kernel!
● CyanogenMod- For Their Awesome rom.
● 985hPaKicK- For Sharing his Device Tree with chevanlol360 and I.
● Playfulgod- CWM Recovery
● Djrbliss- Loki

Download Link's

o39e.png

Video Review
MIUI Android ROM Detailed Review - YouTube

Bugs known so far.....

• No Camera
    • No ril system AKA No phone calls and no service
    • Random FC's on Permission Manager on certain root apps
    • No Usb Mass Storage

I need testers.. Please post Bugs.

If you have major problems post a logcat please. (pm me.)

Things Working...

• -Wifi
    • -Theme System
    • -The entire Holo/Miui Experience that you love.
    • -You tell me??

In short just install and bug test if you want to see something else on this device. Sorry I have been up all night and I would work on it more but I need some rest. So it is not too functional yet, definitely not a daily driver as you cannot call or txt as of yet.

Please feel free to comment!

I am not responsible for anything you do with this rom.
Please ask for permission before re-using my work please!

People To Thank

● Chevanlol360 for his work on bringing us cm10 and his kernel!
● CyanogenMod- For Their Awesome rom.
● 985hPaKicK- For Sharing his Device Tree with chevanlol360 and I.
● Playfulgod- CWM Recovery
● Djrbliss- Loki

Download Link's

Miui_JohnMonsour
Google Apps 4.1.2. JB
Chevanlol360's UV Zippy Kernel Beta

Installation

1. -Make a CWM Backup!!!! (If you don't already have one!!!!)
  2. -Boot into CWM or Philz
  3. -Wipe/Reset Factory Defaults
  4. -Wipe Dalvik Cache
  5. -Flash Miui-JohnMonsour.zip
  6. -Flash Gapps
  7. -Flash Chevs Zippy Kernel Beta.
  8. -Reboot and don't forget to....
  9. -Enjoy!:D

Enjoy! :D:D:D:beer::party:

Thanks Appreciated!:p

Last edited:
May I please make a suggestion for the main post for your port? Please do not take offense to anything I say. I am a very blunt person but have everyone's best interest in mind. Add a few screenshots, feel free to edit anything I am incorrect about and then edit your original post. The goal of a ROM post or kernel or apk or tool or release of any kind or format is to stick to the details. Short sweet punctual and no opinions. Present the information in an unbiased way straight to the point. Make sure to indent and use lists and code when applicable. Use bullets. Change Color of important things. Use bold, italics, underline, and size of font to make your postas beautiful, sexy, freaky naughty as can be .

Remember I am not attacking you in anyway and I only offer co structive criticism. It makes us all better. P.S. I have done very little work on the lg-us870 my friend has one. I have ATT AND T-MOBILE. So I have gs4 At with unlocked boot loader, I have gs5 T-Mobile factory/Region/boot loader unlocked. My favorite phone of all time was the Motorola Atrix 4g that phone was wayyyyy ahead of its time first dual core phone on the market and had a whole separate 600mb parttion with a Moto customized version of yellowdog Linux and a lapdock. And it came with a locked boot loader and then Motorola released an official fastboot boot loader unlock method. Motorola in my opinion would be on top right now as flagship devices go but Google bought them out and basically let Samsung take over the High end market. Finger print sensors just came out on iPhone 6 and gs5 and note4. The Motorola Atrix 4g had a biometric sensor before it was even fathomed...... That's just my opinion.

Anyways I have done a ton of work on the Atrix, iPhone, gs4, note2 and 3, gs5. And I know my way around android source and phones. I have played around with this phone the lg us870 fx1 and it has a ton of untapped potential and a serious drought of developers. I keep saying that I will work on it. But all I have is a partial device tree one original built from source AOSP ROM with an incomplete RIL and a slew of bugs when I don't even have the device. But I tell you guys what. I am devoting 2 weeks to this phone! I will need all the support I can get. I need you QUIETSTORM! I need you Chev! I need you Sortoh! I need you gametheory! I need you 985hPaKicK pm the device tree please and storm send me everything you have and I'll do the same. Let's get some AOSP SHITZ ROCKIN!!

A bootable port of Miui.

I have only been working on this for about two days now, so don't expect a daily driver, this will be a preview build and I will update the download link as with newer builds as I make minor changes these will be called preview builds. As I make progress on major improvements these will be called stable builds even if they aren't fully stable but these will include major updates like for example fixing the RIL and telephony database along with a stable Bluetooth stack.

I will include a changelog with every subsequent release regardless of how minor.

I had to remove phone.apk and telephony.apk.
-----That means that there is no mms, phone, sms, or any connection to wireless provider.

WORKING....
+There is Wifi, which works well.
+Themes
+Settings
+Over clocking using your favorite CPU Apk
+Root
+All Apps including intensive 3d games
+Hangouts -WiFi Calling and MMS
+GPS

NOT WORKING.... (Known Bugs So Far)
-Camera
-RIL (No network or data) -easy fix just need to grab the RIL files from chevs cm beta3 but its just temporary. At least it'll get us network connectivity.
-Bluetooth (I need to switch shiz around with the bluetooth to get it to work)
-Random FC's (Force Closes)
-Random Reboots (Most likely memory leak or buffer overflow, code is a little messy
-Of course with all "Ports" we unfortunately are stuck with all the bugs present from the Original Base ROM. In this case cyanogenmod.

It is running on a base of simplicity cyanogenmod and the simplicity kernel that chevanlol created. His new zippyv6 kernel is a better choice. It will run on any of the insecure kernels available for the fx1, freedom kernel, insecure optimus f7 lg-us870 fx1, Simplicity kernel, andthe best and most optimized fully adjustable completly stable ZippyKernelv6 by chev.
Here are my plans for my port:
Fix Telephony
Port RIL from chevs cm10 so we at least will have 3g data and make and receive calls.
Fix Native Telephony.apk (As for now use hangouts)
Fix Native MMS.apk (As for now use hangouts)

Question. So you said you are running on a simplicity base? That's odd. Considering its less than 300mb.... You didn't compile this from source. What did you use as a base?

I think what you mean is you are running an unrestricted kernel so miui will boot. Also you can't use stock Roms from the original Roms from lg. They are totally different and don't even possess a proper build.prop and are a totally different format than pure AOSP. So it's not running on lg zv5.

My guess is that it is running either off of chevs port of cyanogenmod beta #3 that is really the only true original andriod development as far as Roms are concerned for the fx1. It was built from source and I can tell you that it didn't take no 2 damn days to fork the proper source files and then compile the ril files from scratch via trial and error and then run it through the oven and ding took months.... or the other cyanogenmod 11.

To properly port Miui you have to have a full device tree and a properly compiled AOSP ROM specifically compiled using the device tree and github resources and the android SDK or your favorite kitchen preferably using a Linux PC.

Any AOSP ROM will work AOKP, PAC, PARANOID, ANY ORIGINAL DEVELOPMENT.

So unless you forked the device tree which if you did give credit, or if you dumped the device tree yourself and partition table and then took miui and compiled it from source then there is nothing more you can do to this so called "port -QuietMiui- pre-Alpha until we get a stable AOSP COMPILED.

I'm buying the f7 us870 fx1 from my friend and I'm going to help as much as I can. Reading your post on chevs cm10 post I believe you will be an asset! Disregard any of the obvious pointers on a proper port.

You in!? Let's do it!!!! Welcome and glad to see you on here! I'll go get the PJ
Hone tonight to start work. My email is john.monsour@gmail.com send any attachments to there with subject team fx1 Cyanogenmod files.

Just installed it.... Looks OK so far but having trouble with the gapps
And also having trouble with WiFi, connects when it wants... But it looks beautiful

Last edited:
Actually, it is using simplicity as a secondary, using a sister phone's miui as the base, edited build.prop from the sister phone's miui, added a few of the important .so files from simplicity to the sister phone's miui, used the original unedited simplicity kernel, and a couple framework edits... not a pro at porting miui myself, but i think i did ok, just got to get the ril issues straightened out. I believe camera works, didnt test thoroughly enough to tell. The sister phone has just about the same exact hardware as our phone, yet has more ram. Same camera, same processor, same graphics card, same just about everything... one difference between it, and our phone is that the sister phone is gsm, and ours is cdma... this is where the phone.apk problems for me spawn from. The sister phone is so much like ours that it has a defconfig in it's kernel tree specifically for our device. Also, there is nothing that definitively states that it is not possible to port miui using stock.

Working on a few other things myself for this phone on my free time. Got school, work, and a child to think about first. By the way, thanks to Chev for all the help with CM11, gonna test my current build with it, then try to add what I built into miui port... see if that fixes phone.apk issues.

Last edited:
It is very difficult to port from stock if possible. But yeah you did good. I'll pm you. I've been ultra busy too. But glad to see you here!

well, when using patchrom, it's preferred to use stock; since it's the most stable to use. All thats needed in the stock rom is root. Im currently trying to use patchrom on simplicity. Needless to say.... ITS A BITCH... so much smali editing it aint funny... So far I got Android.policy.jar half patched, gonna work on the framework and the services next... then hopefully it will boot... Keep your fingers crossed...

I really hope this ROM will be good because I'm currently using cm11 Korean version. I hate that I'm stuck with 1x and 3g speeds. And all the other Roms Have no camera function so this sucks

Back
Top Bottom