• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible to go back to stock?

UntameZerg

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
So I went ahead and used Revolutionary, got s-off, and like an idiot, flashed Cyanogen before making a backup of my stock Incredible 2's Gingerbread ROM.

Now, of course, after doing all that, I've decided that I in fact don't want or need root, nor want any of the risks involved in it. I do realize that my bootloader now says "Revolutionary" and "s-off" and there's no way to get warranty service now, but is there a ROM out there that would be as if I just downloaded Gingerbread OTA?

And is there a way to go back to "s-on," should I ever decide to do that?

It may be because I may have just mucked up $500, but I'm actually feeling ill from doing this. Didn't have any trouble at all rooting my old T-Mobile G1, but this time around, it just doesn't feel right. I don't like it...

So I went ahead and used Revolutionary, got s-off, and like an idiot, flashed Cyanogen before making a backup of my stock Incredible 2's Gingerbread ROM.

Now, of course, after doing all that, I've decided that I in fact don't want or need root, nor want any of the risks involved in it. I do realize that my bootloader now says "Revolutionary" and "s-off" and there's no way to get warranty service now, but is there a ROM out there that would be as if I just downloaded Gingerbread OTA?

And is there a way to go back to "s-on," should I ever decide to do that?

It may be because I may have just mucked up $500, but I'm actually feeling ill from doing this. Didn't have any trouble at all rooting my old T-Mobile G1, but this time around, it just doesn't feel right. I don't like it...

You can indeed un-root your phone and get back to 100% stock for warranty issues, ect..

it seems to me though that you need a sense ROM rather than AOSP which Cyanogen is. I would give SkyRaider a run before un-rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones