• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post a pic of your first cell phone.

elpab9N.jpg

The OG Droid Selectric

//my last silly post to this thread

//probably

My first phone ever no jokes ;)

Motorola_Timeport_L7089.jpg

It must have fallen about 30 meters at one point and it still worked FLAWLESSLY after that!!!

Freaking indestructible phone that!

Like unbreakable

XD

My first cell phone was inna bag with a shoulder strap !

And the time was charged per minute ...

We've come a long way baby.

I can't remember which model I had, when I got with VoiceStream, but it was similar to this one.

attachment.php

(Edit to see if date corrects itself.)

Last edited:
My first phone ever no jokes ;)

Motorola_Timeport_L7089.jpg

It must have fallen about 30 meters at one point and it still worked FLAWLESSLY after that!!!

Freaking indestructible phone that!

Like unbreakable

XD
My third phone was one of these, and although some of the buttons are a bit worn it still works - though battery life is down to smartphone standards now ;).

@krokus
that looks almost identical to my first cellphone, might have been on the same carrier...
I lived in Phoenix, AZ at the time, and I went thru all of the carriers trying to find one that gave good coverage "everywhere"......

there were only two at the time, US West and Verizon.....
I stayed with US West until they merged with somebody and disappeared....

then I tried Verizon to see how their's performed.... and that clinched the deal, nearly 25 years ago now.....
I have not left Verizon since....... no one, and I mean no one, can provide the overall consistent coverage that VZW has as of today.

AT&T is a close 2nd, my best friend is with them.... he has a few irks about their service. He is an OTR truck driver, and every time, he crosses a state line, AT&T drops our calls.

Up until LTE 4g came on the scene, he would brag that his AT&T GSM phone could surf the net and my "lowly Verizon POS" could not. :D

CDMA does not support that, it is internet, or telephone call.... take your choice.

Even now though, I cannot surf the net and talk on the phone, as 3g is the only game in town where I live.
It is still pick one: internet or make a call.

Bump!

Let's see your first ever phone if you haven't yet shared it.

I bet there are lots of new members whose 1st phone was a smartphone.

Everyone from page 1 to 7 probably feeling very old right now... including me!

Way back when the Blackberry's came out they were the chit !

My job at that time issued me one and I was on a 65 foot man-lift working on a parking lot light and when I leaned over the railing the phone came un-clipped from my belt and dropped to the ground.

I watched it blow up into many pieces just like a throw away phone would.

I was issued a replacement and I accidentally stabbed the screen of that one, with a screwdriver, I was not given another one.

laughinghard

Back
Top Bottom