• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post a pic of your first cell phone.

I had one of these too once upon a time :)

gun-cell-phone.jpg

Stinky SLINKY I would sy, yup, thats ONE effective method to get a "message" across.

Don't have but I know their name
Nokia 6500
Moto razr
Motor razr v9
Htc touch viva
Htc diamond
Htc magic
Moto backflip
Htc desire
Samsung fit
Samsung gs2
droid pro and then. Later I will get a droid milestone

The title says it all. What was your first basic phone and / or smartphone?

I don't even know what model my first basic phone was. I just remember it being a grey Nokia candy bar Tracfone with a black and white screen. :D My first smartphone is the Precedent, of course. :p

I don't recall exactly what my first cell phone looked like, but I know I had both of the bottom phones. I'd say the one on the left was probably my first one, but I probably had an older one before that. I know my parents had a big old cell phone that came in a backpack style bag.

cellphones1.jpg

My sister gave me her old BB Curve 8800. This was the bleakest (phone) time for me. The phone was only able to handle Edge, so internet was a killer. Every time I took the phone out to use, I just wanted to throw it against the wall.
blackberry-8800_00.jpg

That's not a Curve. I think it was just referred to as the 8800. I almost bought one.

But my cell phone history is as follows

Motorola brick I got in 1997 (I don't even remember the model number but it was on a family plan back when Cingular was Houston Cellular). I kept it for 2 years.

BlackBerry 950 (AOL Mobile Communicator Service was on this for a few years)

Then I switched to T-Mobile and went thru this SLEW of phones:

Compaq HP 6315 (went thru 3 of them...SIM card door kept breaking)

Sidekick Color (this replaced the 950 for AOL Mobile Services)

BlackBerry 7730 (had 2 of them...signal on first one was HORRENDOUS)

Sidekick 2 (had 2 of them...first one flat out died overnight while on charger)

Samsung E635...I bought this on a whim because I saw it on sale for $75...worst mistake ever. Kept shutting down whenever I connected it to a BlueTooth headset, tried to send an email or tried to use the browser. It worked great otherwise. I still have it.

BB 7100t (I had 3 of these because the power button on top stopped working. T-Mobile sent the replacement to the INCORRECT ADDRESS and I got it 5 months later after I had a SECOND replacement sent to me)

BB 7105t (I really learned how to change the look and feel of BB's with this little guy. I learned how to change themes, etc. Trackwheel and back button on the side of the phone locked up on me and had to be swapped twice)

Sidekick 3 (I had 2 of these...the first one got locked on the MP3 player no matter which key I pressed. The second one which I still own looks HORRIBLE. Most of the metal chrome has fallen off and the trackball no longer works).

BB Pearl 8100 (had 3 of these due to OS reboot loops)

BB Pearl 8120 (had 3 of these due to the same OS reboot loops)

BB Bold 9780 (this has been my pride and joy for the last 13 months but it is showing signs of memory issues and I may replace it for a new one).

LG G1500 was my first cell phone.

Attachments

• lgg1500_00.jpg
    lgg1500_00.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 97
My first cell phone? Yikes!

It's a Fujitsu Commander.
carphone0.jpg

I had the handset mounted between the driver and passenger seat of a 1983 Ford Bronco II. The electronics were mounted behind the back seat! That was a long, long, long time ago! :eek:

My first cell phone? Yikes!

It's a Fujitsu Commander.
carphone0.jpg

I had the handset mounted between the driver and passenger seat of a 1983 Ford Bronco II. The electronics were mounted behind the back seat! That was a long, long, long time ago! :eek:

There was a 1983?!?!?!?! HOLY CRAP!

i allready seen about 20 til here...

but... i was 16, and it wasnt activated, but i put a paperclip in the back, and managed to clone cell signals... lmao!!

i attached the image, hope it displays correctly.!

Attachments

• JJimage105.jpg
    JJimage105.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 70
My first phone, the Tracfone Nokia 2285. :)
38530.jpg
I got it for my 5th grade "graduation". :D I remember how I loved to play Snake on it. xD

The I got the Tracfone Motorola v170.
motorola-v170.gif
I went through two of these. It was quite attractive, but texting was a torture and the screen almost didn't exist.

The I got the Net10 LG 200c.
lg-200c-duo_small.jpg
I went through two of these as well. It felt like a hunk of plastic in my hand, but it served its purpose and was way better than the Motorola.

Then, my grandmother decided to get me a super basic contract Verizon phone. I doubt if I can find a pic. Let's just say it made me dispise contracts even more. xD The phone was pretty good though.

Then, the day my contract was over, I got the best basic phone I have ever had: the Straight Talk LG 290c.
lg290c-stylish-slider-phone-straight-talk_3302800_500.jpg
This phone has been reliable and trouble-free.

Of course, the best phone I've ever had title was given to my current phone, the Straight Talk Samung Galaxy Precedent. :)
Samsung%2BGalaxy%2BPrecedent%2BM828C.jpg
Most of you probably think of the Precedent as one of the most current basic androids in existence, but, as you can see from my past phones, this is the phone of awesomeness. :D

Back
Top Bottom