• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post here if you received the OTA update.

2FR35H - No problem! Happy to help if I can.

Mastermind278 - Thanks for the help in finding the IMEI. I hope this helped everyone. Just wish I had know to get the zip file before installing. Crumbs!

Still, very curious as to how they are picking who gets the updates first, second, etc.

Quick question...I know there is a thread somewhere else, and I will go there for this, but I feel all warm and fuzzy here now ;-P... Since this is my first droid phone, are there any benefits for me to installing ahome or whatever to make it like a 'true' droid phone since I wouldn't know the difference? What are the benefits to me changing anything?

Upvote 0
@culo77 - You DO need an intervention, I thought I was bad checking my phone every spare waking moment. But at least I'm sleeping through the night.:eek:

I do need HELP and its only a bug patch, i cant imagine what i will do when the 2.1 gets released

Hah, yeah me too, culo - guess it's in the blood! My wife says I went from looking at golf clubs all the time to looking at phones; I guess it's the season, or I'm just a geek :cool:

Luckily my wife didnt know me when i would stop at driving ranges on the way to functions or practice putts a billy caldwell on my lunch break:eek:
But now the wife cant stand me cause of this android phone and update thing. add to that i just ordered a Macbook Pro (first Mac).
I cant remember the last time we had a "Normal" converstion, between talking about our son, Me babbling about Android and Apple i wonder why she is still married to me:thinking:

Upvote 0
So...does this mean there are bugs in Samsung's UI?
Orphaned system menus (I.E. Network Based Location) AREN'T a feature?

Android has fixed bugs, they are up to version 2.1, the Samsung UI has changed the system menus in an effort to make them easier for individuals to use. I use 3rd party widget to access some of these hidden settings.

Upvote 0
i exchanged my phone out at t mobile earlier today. and to my suprise after it booted up, i had wheres waldo and midnight bowling on the phone...i then had realized, i had the update. i skipped my way in. :D

i also forgot to put my battery back in the other phone that i exchanged in (i had taken out my sd card and sim card). when i got back in to my car, in my center console i realized..i had the battery still. So nowi have two samsung behold 2 batteries. and two SD cards because the tmo guy forgot to take out the SD card that came with the new hone

Upvote 0
Hey Ya'll...

I've recieved the update just tuesday...the difference I saw was that they've added WHERE"S WALDO and MIDNIGHT BOWLING 2 in the pullout menu...a few spelling errors when you go into the actual menu to adjust your phone settings...call forwarding...etc...other than that...nothing else I've noticed unless somebody else does?

Upvote 0
i also forgot to put my battery back in the other phone that i exchanged in (i had taken out my sd card and sim card). when i got back in to my car, in my center console i realized..i had the battery still. So nowi have two samsung behold 2 batteries. and two SD cards because the tmo guy forgot to take out the SD card that came with the new hone[/quote]

where do you live cause im in philly and no sign of update yet

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you take a look, I posted here first and then decided to post there as Tmo watches their forums, if who runs their twitter is to be believed.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/48323-experiences-ota-bug-fix.html

Ok. Just lookin' out for fambly! I scanned and missed it in this thread. Glad you've received it! And I guess I'm not the only person that missed that you posted having received it. Notice that you didn't get bombarded with questions like say,,, Ppppppffttt or whatever that screen name is, LOL.

Considering that you are a regular, I would think that everyone would be asking you questions. I think your post got lost in all of the IMEI requesting that was going on at the time. I know that your post definitely eluded me, LOL.

***Note that your link references another Thread. I have been keeping a watch on this one and didn't know that the other one had been started. ohhhhhhhhhhh-k. - moving to new thread, LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones