• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-order color/size combo poll

What color/size combo did you pre-order?

• Blue, 16 Gb

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Blue, 32 Gb

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • White, 16 Gb

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • White, 32 Gb

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • I ain't pre-ordering nuthin!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I chose the 32 gig blue version.

Honestly, there was little reason to opt for 32 GB, instead of 16. But then, it's no sillier than buying a car and ponying up an extra couple of thousand dollars for the model with the more powerful engine, never mind that the standard engine's performance is already more than adequate for any reasonable purpose and that it tops out somewhere in excess of 120 mph.

And all my indulgence cost me was an extra fifty bucks.

As for preferring the blue version, well, that's purely a personal aesthetic choice. (Again, to resort to an automotive analogy, some folks like white cars, and some like blue cars. It's not as if one color is inherently better than the other.)

In case anyone's wondering, yeah, I bought a car recently. It's dark blue, and I chose not to pay extra to get it with the optional turbocharged engine.
--
Michael

I went with the 32 gig mainly thinking of future resale. Who knows what things will be like two years from now?

Just preordered the white 16gb. I wont use 32 gig internal, and I figured the white was a classy alternative to the normal dark colored phones.

Just preordered the white 16gb. I wont use 32 gig internal, and I figured the white was a classy alternative to the normal dark colored phones.

Might be time to change your handle to WhiteIce :D

I also got 16GB white. My last three phones have been black and I feel like getting blue would be my lame attempt to try to be as close to black as possible. I think the white will be refreshing as long as it doesn't fade or get scuffed easily (hence the full body skin I'll be applying).

Blue 16gb here. My DX has 8gb, and I have plenty of that still free. And with an SD card slot, no reason to spend $50 for just 16gb, I'll have more space than I need as it is.

Blue 16gb, and i ordered a 32gb class 4 sd card for 20$ from Amazon. Dont really need any faster than a class 4 really

I went for the 32gb blue model and have a 32gb and 64gb card.

I did this as most phones I get I switch in about a year but I am going to try to keep this one much longer.

I want to preorder but I'm still in the air on color. White just seems to stand out and look premium to me, but it also reminds me of the white iPhone I see in every girls hand. Uggh.
Regardless I'll go with 32gb and I scored a Class 6 64GB card off Amazon for free yesterday :)
Reg $79.99 on sale for $49.99 less $50 credit with new Amazon card.

Blue 16gb, because i was told 32gb was not available at release for att but its whatever because i have a 64gb micro sd for it and 80gb of memory on a phone is way more than enough, also the money i saved on not getting a 32gb was spent on this
2012-06-18104846.jpg

So far blue appears to be the more popular color, but I just got through reading the "cases" thread, and all the examples show the white phone! It's really striking and looks great, hope I don't regret going with blue. I just may have to switch after all.....

While the white color seems to dominate most of the videos and talk out there pre launch, I think the blue color will dominate most of the talk post launch. It seems to be one of those colors you can only appreciate in person. Videos and pictures do not do the blue justice.

While the white color seems to dominate most of the videos and talk out there pre launch, I think the blue color will dominate most of the talk post launch. It seems to be one of those colors you can only appreciate in person. Videos and pictures do not do the blue justice.

I'm gonna have to trust you on this one, then.....

Back
Top Bottom