• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-order color/size combo poll

What color/size combo did you pre-order?

• Blue, 16 Gb

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Blue, 32 Gb

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • White, 16 Gb

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • White, 32 Gb

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • I ain't pre-ordering nuthin!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
White. Do not like the different color the home button looks on the blue and how the blue looks purpleish in some videos.

Won't it be great when we can actually see one? Hoping AT&T really does get them this weekend.

Won't it be great. I just hope my GS3 doesn't smell the one I go look at this weekend on me when it comes in. I know my dog sure hates it when I go over to my neighbors house & pet their dogs.

I'll be the odd guy and say I'm going to get the 32gb in white.

I've always had black/blue phones, and the occasional silver, but this will be my first white one.

I personally think the white one is sexy as hell.

32gb, White.

White is "in" these days...HTC One X, Nokia 41megapixel camera phone (don't know the model number), SGS3. The all look pretty sweet to me.

And until I see the blue one in person, I cannot commit to it. Some pics show it as metallic, others purple, and even others as a drab blue...too much room for disappointment. White is white...at least you know what you're getting.

Anyone rethinking their choice yet?

I might of over sold you a bit last night regarding the blue. My post about, you really have to see it in person to appreciate it. Man, after seeing the pictures at the bottom of the Droid Life review I knew I would be eating some crow today. But, honestly I have no other choice as there is no way I would ever choose white. So instead of eating crow, I'm drinking some Old Crow.

Nope, no rethinking here.

Every time I see a white phone I think "ouch, my eyes hurt." I couldn't stand seeing such a bright bezel every time I look at my phone's screen.

Then again, I have very sensitive eyes. After all, I usually keep my screen brightness at 15% and sometimes even that is too much...

I might of over sold you a bit last night regarding the blue. My post about, you really have to see it in person to appreciate it. Man, after seeing the pictures at the bottom of the Droid Life review I knew I would be eating some crow today. But, honestly I have no other choice as there is no way I would ever choose white. So instead of eating crow, I'm drinking some Old Crow.

Well, maybe it'll be better in person. Haven't seen the picture you're talking about, not sure now I want to!! Hopefully we'll found out this Sunday..... Even though I'm on Verizon, I'm not above strolling through a Sprint or AT&T store just for fun!

I ordered one white and one blue, both 16g. But I have verizon so I might never get the phones. I hate waiting.

I didn't see anything on there that made it look bad! I still think I'll be happier in the long run with the blue - the white may have a gee-whiz factor at first, but over time it may become annoying. To me. Only me. Not dissing the white here folks, just projecting my own future mood....

And as an aside, does anyone else think the camera on the One X looks like a big 'ol zit?

I need to change my vote but can't. I originally preordered a blue 32gb but when I heard that was delayed by atleast a week and Sprint does not even have a single one, I cancelled and ordered a blue 16gb that should be delivered today.

I have a 64gb card so I am fine with space.

Every time I see a white phone I think "ouch, my eyes hurt." I couldn't stand seeing such a bright bezel every time I look at my phone's screen.

Then again, I have very sensitive eyes. After all, I usually keep my screen brightness at 15% and sometimes even that is too much...

I totally get that. My family laughs at me 'cause I always wear sunglasses, even on an overcast day. Looking at all that white would mean an instant headache for me, then I couldn't enjoy my lovely new toy. So it's blue for me, even if the home button looks a little off.

Just pre-ordered mine.

Mine is going to be black :)

Just about everyone will be getting protective covers for their phone. So the actual color of their phone means NOTHING.

I ordered the 32gb white. I will be getting a black cover. You won't see a spec of white after that.

I went with the 32 gig mainly thinking of future resale. Who knows what things will be like two years from now?

Same here. Knowing that in the future we have to upgrade off contract to keep unlimited, this was the best way to go.

I got the white 32gb. The blue looks amazing but I always had darker colored phones so I went with something lighter this time.

I totally get that. My family laughs at me 'cause I always wear sunglasses, even on an overcast day. Looking at all that white would mean an instant headache for me, then I couldn't enjoy my lovely new toy. So it's blue for me, even if the home button looks a little off.

I thought I was the only one! I wear my sunglasses as late in the day as possible. I have to make sure I take them off before cops start telling me I shouldn't be driving like that. And overcast days are the worst because of glare! At least on clear days I can wear a hat, too, to help block the direct overhead rays.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how pebble blue looks through a translucent blue TPU case. Hopefully it won't be too neon...

I'm coming from a HTC Droid Incredible and thinking of upgrading to this phone. I have a lot of issues with running out of space on this phone. However, it wasn't because the phone has only 8gb of internal storage, it's because it has very small partitions for /data (748MB) and /system (248MB).

My question is, what do you possibly gain by using 32gb over 16gb when the partitions are a fixed size that cannot be resized? It doesn't seem like you can actually utilize all of that internal storage. Do newer phones have partitions setup differently? Am I missing something?

All this talk about what color to get is hilarious and pretty naive lol. Whichever color you decide, that won't be the color that you will be seeing for the next 2+ years. Your phone color will be the color of the protective case. So those who are like me and wonders why they didnt make a black one.....get a black case...wahhla...you now have a black sg3

Back
Top Bottom