• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-Planning Steps, things you should do before major OTA updates.

Surf's up Dude! I want it now!!!! Waahhhh LOL :p:rolleyes:

PS. If you knew that why are you asking Sammy if he got it??? Conspiracy???

Conspiracy? Against Sammy? Never. Unthinkable!
204.gif

Upvote 0
Have you received it? :thinking:

Nope, have you? I barely found out about the OTA yesterday.

I have no clue what is going on lately about this phone, I had 3 hrs of sleep last night, no time to read the threads lately other than a quick look. I'm so tired about to pass out, but I have freaking so much shit to do, I'm losing track of my vibrant news. Wish there were more hours in the day, ughhh, my brain can not take any more information.

Ok back to the phone, what does this update fix, besides the obvious GPS.

Upvote 0

I have no clue what is going on lately about this phone, I had 3 hrs of sleep last night, no time to read the threads lately other than a quick look. I'm so tired about to pass out, but I have freaking so much shit to do, I'm losing track of my vibrant news. Wish there were more hours in the day, ughhh, my brain can not take any more information.

Update: T-Mobile has stated that Samsung will be sending out a staggered update between today, October 7th and the end of the month so don’t start panicking if you don’t receive it right away. Here is a list of fixes expected with this update:
The top customer issues addressed with this OTA include:
GPS, SGPA, SUPL
Exchange inbox
Contacts Sync
The Sims 3 10th Anniversary Edition
Battery indicator (Dont look fixed to me)
Calendar alert chime
New Services: Samsung Media Hub
40+ bug fixes, UI changes and updates.

*Somebody said you can assign ringtones now in contacts list but i havent figured that out yet.
*There is now Voice on the swype keyboard.
*An HD Camcorder icon
*Task manager Icon

So far, thats all i know.

Upvote 0

Not yet Sammy. Might be awhile. But no big deal, we know it's coming :)

Don't work too hard!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones