• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Premium navigation has changed my phones region??

I'm a total smartphone noob, and have just got myself a HTC Sensation.

I got it set up and going OK. Then I found a premium navigation voucher in the box, so I entered the code and set it up.

Now, I'm in New Zealand, and my phone has been parallel imported, and the voucher in the box would only let me choose from Singapore / Thailand and a few other Asian countries. I picked Singapore and it installed OK, and worked fine.

But now, my phone seems to have changed its region or something to Asia. When I go to languages under setup, it only has English(Singapore), English(Thailand) and a few other Asian countries.

The maps have also stopped working properly and it says "unable to find map data on your storage card", and when it loads the map it defaults to somewhere in Singapore.

I tried a factory reset, but that didn't help. Its like it has flashed itself with a different region or something, and I cant find any settings that will change it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it so I can select English(New Zealand) and get my maps working again?

Ben

I'm a total smartphone noob, and have just got myself a HTC Sensation.

I got it set up and going OK. Then I found a premium navigation voucher in the box, so I entered the code and set it up.

Now, I'm in New Zealand, and my phone has been parallel imported, and the voucher in the box would only let me choose from Singapore / Thailand and a few other Asian countries. I picked Singapore and it installed OK, and worked fine.

But now, my phone seems to have changed its region or something to Asia. When I go to languages under setup, it only has English(Singapore), English(Thailand) and a few other Asian countries.

The maps have also stopped working properly and it says "unable to find map data on your storage card", and when it loads the map it defaults to somewhere in Singapore.

I tried a factory reset, but that didn't help. Its like it has flashed itself with a different region or something, and I cant find any settings that will change it.

Any suggestions on how to fix it so I can select English(New Zealand) and get my maps working again?

Ben

Hi Ben,
Did you ever get this sorted I have the same problem... well not quite the same but I too have imported Thai phone and want navigation but also want to get rid of all the Thai options and stuff and make it a NZ phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones