• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

presidential debates 2020

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    i say round goes to Biden.

trump comes off as an a$$hole. very aggressive and he seems to enjoy being a flat out d!ck!!!!!!!!

it is almost as misogynistic as the clinton trump debate in 2016 where he would follow her on the debate stage.

now i'm not judging on political stances, i'm just judging by character. and that was a terrible performance from an incumbent president.

it was almost embarrassing on his performance. i really felt bad for chris wallace who was abused by the president.

Trump is a prick, bully, etc... I agree wholeheartedly.
    But I cannot fathom Biden running the country. I don't want a puppet as president and would rather go with the bully.
    But yes, poor Chris Wallace!!!
    sorry but i go for character.....and biden proved he is far better equipped to run the country then the clown we have now.......and no i do not think he is a puppet.....that is what trump wants you to think.....i will never listen to trump..........all he ever does is lie. he would know what truth looks or sounds like.

Upvote 0
    i say round goes to Biden.

trump comes off as an a$$hole. very aggressive and he seems to enjoy being a flat out d!ck!!!!!!!!

it is almost as misogynistic as the clinton trump debate in 2016 where he would follow her on the debate stage.

now i'm not judging on political stances, i'm just judging by character. and that was a terrible performance from an incumbent president.

it was almost embarrassing on his performance. i really felt bad for chris wallace who was abused by the president.

Trump is a bully, and he is far off all the time

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Trump is a prick, bully, etc... I agree wholeheartedly.
    But I cannot fathom Biden running the country. I don't want a puppet as president and would rather go with the bully.
    But yes, poor Chris Wallace!!!
    But are you sure Trump isn't a puppet for others? He owes a lot of money to persons unknown, he has business interests in countries he's inexplicably reluctant to criticise, and there is no possible doubt that he would put his own interests above those of the country or people. I don't think we need to get into stories about Putin having embarassing videos or any of that stuff, I would always look for a financial angle with that guy.

Conversely if you are talking about Trump's line that Biden is a puppet for the "extreme left" (who to a European seem rather moderate), his entire career shows him to be boringly "centrist" (i.e. centre-right from a European perspective), and he will have the power of the office behind him, so frankly I'd say that's just another self-serving fairy story from Trump.

Upvote 0
    I thought my President was quite soft on my ex-Vice President. My President did look like a clown though...
    soft?????

he was a raging a-hole throughout the debate.....and not just to Biden. it was utterly ridiculous!!!!!!!!

and it is going to be a clown it was more like Pennywise from Stephen King's book "It" then just your normal carnival clown......or maybe from the movie "Killer Klowns from Outer Space"

Reactions: MrJavi
    Upvote 0
    Personally I find it amusing that a man with that hair claims to spend $70k/year on hairdressing but also claims he's a master at getting a good deal ;)

(Though as he makes this claim as a tax deduction I'd be wary of accepting it until I'd seen the receipts and audited the hairdressers to ensure that this was actually what they were paid).

Upvote 0
    I don't want a puppet as president and would rather go with the bully.
    sorry but i would rather have Biden then have a president that is a puppet to Putin. he has never called out putin for ANYTHING!!!!! he has done so much wrong and trump never calls him out for it. it's no wonder why putin is try to get trump re-elected. recently he never condemned putin for poisoning his political opponent in Alexei Navalny.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...news-spotlight-deadly-russian-chemical-weapon

Reactions: Dannydet
    Upvote 0
    From my perspective, a debate will be seen by Trump as an opportunity to assert "dominance", through interrupting, talking over, attempting to bully his opponent (and the moderator if they get in the way). I don't think the content of what is said matters to him, just the imagery of himself occupying and commanding the space. And frankly I think that's the core message he wishes to convey to those who stick with him, and the words themselves are about as meaningful as a cockrel's feathers.

This is of course why a virtual debate is no use to him. If it was actually about what he had to say that would work perfectly well, but I really don't think that's what he cares about. So you shouldn't expect an actual debate from him, but he will want to put on a display.

Upvote 0
    An actual political debate, as in engaging with the other person's argument as opposed to just trying to score points, would be a novelty in any election. I love the idea of a candidate responding "actually that's a good point. I'm going to have to consider how that affects my policies and how to respond to it within my political philosophy, or indeed whether that is possible". It would probably be electoral suicide for any candidate to do that, but it would greatly increase my respect for them.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the lesson Fred Trump intended his son to learn from that establishment is that he wanted to be the one giving orders rather than having to listen to anyone else. That at least seems consistent with everything else I know about that man and what he did to his children.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Yes, his father worse klan robes at some time, and admired Hitler. Did he influence Trump's views on race? Would he be different if he'd grown up in a different family? (I mean different in character: without the handout and bailouts from Daddy and the money he'd inherited it seems very unlikely that he'd have any public position). I have to assume that his upbringing, including the wider circles he moved in as well as his particular family background, played a part in his racism, because I don't believe anyone is born racist. But equally many other people brought up that way reject it or grow beyond it, so I'm not going to absolve him from responsibility for continuing to hold those views.

But actually I wasn't even thinking about the racism. I was thinking of the way he was taught that the only, only thing that matters is "winning"; that cheating, lying, not paying people who do work for you, these are not reprehensible but things that prove you are "smart"; that you must never show "weakness", and never care about those you harm in order to get your own way. I don't know what efforts Fred Trump made to pass his racism on to his children, but everything I've read says that he worked very hard to ensure that Donald learned those other lessons, and it was in the context of those attitudes that I made the comment that he'd probably have been happy if the one lesson Donald learned from that school was that he wanted to give the orders rather than take them.

(And again, that's not an absolution: some of Trump's siblings show that being brought up in that household did not inevitably lead to that character. And it's possible that Trump would have been a similar character no matter what his upbringing. But I also cannot say that his father bears no responsibility for what his son became).

Upvote 0
    @Hadron So true. I guess they didn't have debate classes in that Military Academy he went to.

Is there a VP Debate thread? I hope not.
    Yeah no need for a VP debate thread......maybe we should have a thread going for that fly that landed on mike pence's head.......that was freaking hilarious:goofydroid::goofydroid::goofydroid::goofydroid::goofydroid:

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones