• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem w/ randomly rebooting restarting Cricket Optimus C

Wow, am I the only person who hasn't had any major problems with this phone? The only issue I've had is some lag while playing Angry Birds, but I knew this phone doesn't have the best RAM. Other than that, not a single self reboot or any other issues. I will say that right out of the box I put in my 16gig micro SD card from my Samsung Fascinate. Although I don't think that had anything to do with it. So yeah, I've had this phone for over a week now, but will keep you updated if anything should arise :)

Wow, am I the only person who hasn't had any major problems with this phone? The only issue I've had is some lag while playing Angry Birds, but I knew this phone doesn't have the best RAM. Other than that, not a single self reboot or any other issues. I will say that right out of the box I put in my 16gig micro SD card from my Samsung Fascinate. Although I don't think that had anything to do with it. So yeah, I've had this phone for over a week now, but will keep you updated if anything should arise :)

that's probably why.the Sd card does cause issue's being a class 2 it's pretty slow. I'm the dev for the phone, try my rom :p

I just bought an Optimus C on Thursday and it started to treat me the same way. I've tried pretty much everything I've read on how to fix it but the SD card problem is new to me.

It's pretty infuriating and very disappointing, as this is my first smartphone.

There are some dramatic differences, though, so tread lightly with comparing information on the two phones. The recommendation to upgrade your MiniSD card is one that seems to work for a lot of people. If you can afford to upgrade the MiniSD to at least a class 4, you should -- it's fixed my issues entirely.

I already tried that.. I actually hedged my bet by going class 6 (as pointed out in an earlier post)... didn't work..

It is doing it about 3 or 4 times a week... . and is totally random.. almost never the same activity.. once while playing a 'parallel kingdom' game. once while doing nothing... once while in a call.. once while browing.. etc. etc. no common thread it appears... I wonder how many times it does it when I am not looking/using it?

I already tried that.. I actually hedged my bet by going class 6 (as pointed out in an earlier post)... didn't work..

It is doing it about 3 or 4 times a week... . and is totally random.. almost never the same activity.. once while playing a 'parallel kingdom' game. once while doing nothing... once while in a call.. once while browing.. etc. etc. no common thread it appears... I wonder how many times it does it when I am not looking/using it?

since it does it on every rom flashed i'm going with it's a hardware problem.Like I said mine used to do it and stopped so there's an underlying issue somewhere
This really is a great phone, don't knock it crudeboy. However I suggest exchanging it for the same one, it's a problem across several other optimus models and it's dodgy flashing cm7 fixed it entirely for me as stated.

since it does it on every rom flashed i'm going with it's a hardware problem.Like I said mine used to do it and stopped so there's an underlying issue somewhere
This really is a great phone, don't knock it crudeboy. However I suggest exchanging it for the same one, it's a problem across several other optimus models and it's dodgy flashing cm7 fixed it entirely for me as stated.

I picked up a 4gb class 4 SD a couple of days ago and it seems to have helped out quite a bit. I've had a couple of reboots but nothing near the amount I was having a week previous. I am getting what seems like an odd amount of Force Close notices, however, but either way I'm not quite as cranky about the issue. ;)

I tried carrying it back to my local Cricket store and was told that there wasn't really much they could do without seeing the problem firsthand. Of course, while waiting to show them the phone worked just fine.

I picked up a 4gb class 4 SD a couple of days ago and it seems to have helped out quite a bit. I've had a couple of reboots but nothing near the amount I was having a week previous. I am getting what seems like an odd amount of Force Close notices, however, but either way I'm not quite as cranky about the issue. ;)

I tried carrying it back to my local Cricket store and was told that there wasn't really much they could do without seeing the problem firsthand. Of course, while waiting to show them the phone worked just fine.

Now imagine if you got a class 6 or 8 and used swapper or installed my rom. you'd really see a difference ;)

Yeah... fewer reboots after I got the class 6 card (or maybe wishful thinking?) so does this point in the direction to a memory problem more than anything??? July 10th addendum.. with my using it more and more It doesn't seem to be helped by the new card......

July 10th addendum... I thought I would pay better attention to when it reboots on if it is running 'hot' (hot to the touch). It doesn't seem to matter if it is 'hot' or not.

I just got my new Optimus C on Saturday. It has been rebooting at least 6 times per hour. Sometimes, I am just scrolling through my phone contact list and the screen just freezes. Other times, I am just checking my Facebook account. I can't even turn the phone off unless I take the battery out. I have learned to just wait and it will either ask me if I want to force close the screen, or it will just reboot. I had the Droid before and feel like this is a real step down! I will go to the Cricket store Thursday to see if we can get this resolved. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

I had the Droid before and feel like this is a real step down!

Thats because you did!The Droid is a high end Android phone with a bigger processor and more bells and whistles while the LG Optimus C is a mid-range Android phone. I had the Samsung Fascinate before and it was too fancy for me. So I downgraded to the Optimus C and I'm much happier. But thats just my personal opinion.

If you want to get a high end Android phone from Cricket, wait until November when the Huawei Glory comes out!!!!! It's going to have Android 2.3, 8mp camera with flash, 1.4 GHz processor and more!! There are more specs online and pics so do a Google search for it :D

Cricket has already swapped out my new LG phone, and I have upgraded to a class 4 card (4GB), and this thing is still doing bizarre stuff. Just a few minutes ago, while I was entering a new contact number, it started vibrating wildly and rebooted itself. Yesterday, while it sat undisturbed on the desk, it turn off its ringer and set itself for "airplane mode," which resulted in a "No Service" notice when I picked the phone up to make a call. After an hour on the phone with Cricket, a tech told me to push *228, and that's when I learned that the damned thing was in airplane mode. It has rebooted in the middle of calls, as well as during every app, including trying to type in a text message. I am now faced with returning the phone to LG for repair, because Cricket won't take it back.

Does anyone have an update on this issue and a possible solution? OF course, no one at Cricket or LG has ever heard of the problem, and they are shocked, but unable to do anything. I'm so disgusted.

I acquired my Optimus C from Cricket at the end of May and I have had numerous problems since day one. I've attempted various "solutions" to no avail. There doesn't appear to be any common condition nor reoccurring trigger that causes the reboots. My phone does not reboot as frequently as some other people are reporting, some weeks are better than others. However, it has been as frequent as three an hour. Naturally, it often occurs while I'm navigating in new websites before I get a chance to bookmark them, or when I am nearing the end of a long email (swype is nice, but give me a keyboard any day).

Of course none of the big guys have ever "heard" of such a problem existing, nor would they ever admit to the possibility of one existing.......but they are pretty quick with that finger......either at another big wig or directly towards the customer.

I've had numerous other problems besides just rebooting, and I can honestly say in experiencing all of the stress and frustration with this phone, I would happily deal with the reboots if that were the only issue.......still should not occur but it would be a drastic improvement over my current condition.

Carrier IQ would explain some of the activities on my phone, but I can not find any traces of it. Does anyone know if other software exists that is highly similar to Carrier IQ?

Does anybody know if the random reboots stop after rooting and installing a new ROM? I'm about to take it back to Cricket and see if they can give me a different phone since the Optimus C is officially discontinued, but I would like to know if the problem stops after rooting/using a different ROM.

No the phone still randomly restarts, I'm using playfulgod's cm7 rom, and this phone still loves to crash while using Swype, while scrolling in opera, and using gmail. In fact, this is the second time I've typed this, cause it just crashed again!

This phone is completely worthless in my opinion, i would have been better off buying a phone off craigslist and flashing to cricket. As soon as I can afford another phone, me and this phone are gonna sit down and have a nice little chat with my buddy, Mr. Sledge Hammer.

with that sdcard you can have your phone reserve that space with a ext partition you willl need to root and install room manager and flash cwm optional to install cm7 but it will overclock your phone lg optimus is max @600mhz but you can set this value higher in cm7 u need bobz rom

Back
Top Bottom