• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with app storage...

OmensEdge

Mar 6, 2011
I'm not sure why I'm seeing this, but I just clicked on my manage applications tab and it's giving me the option to move apps that are only supposed to be in my phone's internal storage onto the SD card. If they aren't supposed to be moved, I shouldn't be given that option, correct?

I don't have a partition on my SD card. For starters, apps include airmail, cpu usage monitor, easy tether, flashlight, google maps, and winamp. All of which either have a desktop widget or rely on being on the phone itself to function properly. Even since I've been rooted, I recall where I went to move an app and it wouldn't let me because they needed to be on the phone itself. Just like If you click on the Superuser app, the 'Move to SD card' tab is greyed it (still seeing this on mine, though).

I know there are a lot of apps that let you move other apps around, but is there one that will show me where what needs to be so I don't screw anything up and put something where it shouldn't be? Sorry if this sounds scatterbrained, it's early...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones