• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root problem with clockwork recovery or other

dcooterfrog

new to android. not smart phones. clearly something is not right.
downloaded clokwork and flashed the recovery.
if Itry to boot into recovery right after flashing it works.

if I try to boot into recovery after that reboot from rom manager... i get the android exclamation point for a moment and then normal reboot

if I try to boot into recovery send end menu i get the android exclamation point and reboot then normal boot.

if I reflash the recovery and reboot into recovery from rom manager it works.

if I try to do subsequent boots into recovery android exclamation and then reboot again and normal boot

i also removed clockwork and reinstalled it.
i flashed the other recovery amenra and got the same kind of results... except in amenra I could not do anything and I had to pop the battery to reboot. none of the hard keys moved though the menus

Go back to Amon Ra. When you're in the menu, pull out the keypad and use the arrow key pad. (Thanks to many in the IRC yesterday who helped me with my phone for almost 3 hours).

Go back to Amon Ra. When you're in the menu, pull out the keypad and use the arrow key pad. (Thanks to many in the IRC yesterday who helped me with my phone for almost 3 hours).

and I thank you as well
keyboard ... doh. clockwork does not use it just uses the volume and

and I thank you as well
keyboard ... doh. clockwork does not use it just uses the volume and

Clockwork uses the D-Pad to move on the screen, OK button to select, and Back button to move backward through menu pages and exit.

RA uses the D-Pad to move on the screen, ENTER key to select, and the Volume Down button to move back through pages or exit.

:)

new to android. not smart phones. clearly something is not right.
downloaded clokwork and flashed the recovery.
if Itry to boot into recovery right after flashing it works.

if I try to boot into recovery after that reboot from rom manager... i get the android exclamation point for a moment and then normal reboot

if I try to boot into recovery send end menu i get the android exclamation point and reboot then normal boot.

if I reflash the recovery and reboot into recovery from rom manager it works.

if I try to do subsequent boots into recovery android exclamation and then reboot again and normal boot

i also removed clockwork and reinstalled it.
i flashed the other recovery amenra and got the same kind of results... except in amenra I could not do anything and I had to pop the battery to reboot. none of the hard keys moved though the menus

ok Go here http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/146564-ally-recovery-img-here-custom-roms.html

Go down to the bottom of the first post and download the file called Signed_kill_install_recovery.sh.zip

Put it on the root of your SD card and on those times when you do get into clockwork right after you have flashed it.
Run this Zip and you wont have to worry about it. Or you can do the same thing via the terminal method.

Your choice
they both do the same thing. I just think this is easier.

Back