• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with my Note

mumsawitch

Is it normal for a Note to become hot (close to overheating 'hot') when the wifi's on, and also when you play games?

When I turn my wifi on for a couple of minutes, my Note becomes hot. When I play games (the wifi's off) it becomes slightly hot too.

my Note gets really hot when I'm playing games on it or surfing the web via 3G. But it almost never gets hot during normal wifi usage.

Hmm.. Maybe there's something wrong with mine. Damn.

Also, there was one time when I charged my Note and then it stopped charging because apparently, it overheated. It was *so* hot, mind you.

There is a app called ZDbox that will tell you how hot your running and if your in danger. I'm sure there is other app as well but this one is my fav. By the way my note never gets HOT, it will get a little warm but never hot ..

From past experience - this is a result of the charging method pumping too much juice into the battery. How are you charging the Note, and what are you using to charge it?

USB from computer?

Official wall charger?

3rd party wall charger?

There is a app called ZDbox that will tell you how hot your running and if your in danger. I'm sure there is other app as well but this one is my fav. By the way my note never gets HOT, it will get a little warm but never hot ..

Downloaded it and will try to monitor my phone. Thanks.

From past experience - this is a result of the charging method pumping too much juice into the battery. How are you charging the Note, and what are you using to charge it?

USB from computer?

Official wall charger?

3rd party wall charger?

I'm charging my Note using the original/official wall charger. Sometimes when I charge my Note, it not hot and sometimes it is.

Back
Top Bottom