• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with overheating and malfunction of the devise

Wishwas

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
Dear All,
I am using android for 2 years now. First I had HTC Desire now I have Samsung Galaxy S2. Both time I went to India for vacations and after return I find that the devise was getting overheated and devise was malfunctioning. Currently my galaxy S2 is not functioning properly. Sometimes I can not type anything, the call is getting connected very late. it's kind of rusty performance..works-stops-doesn't work-works..any suggestions? The Battery seems to be fine but this is just my opinion. Please help me with this..its is getting on my nerves now. Thanks in advance.
Wishwas.

Dear All,
I am using android for 2 years now. First I had HTC Desire now I have Samsung Galaxy S2. Both time I went to India for vacations and after return I find that the devise was getting overheated and devise was malfunctioning. Currently my galaxy S2 is not functioning properly. Sometimes I can not type anything, the call is getting connected very late. it's kind of rusty performance..works-stops-doesn't work-works..any suggestions? The Battery seems to be fine but this is just my opinion. Please help me with this..its is getting on my nerves now. Thanks in advance.
Wishwas.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Wishwas! :)

Over time, just like any laptop, your phone can build up lots of detritus, rubbish, that is no longer required. This can range from stuff left over from old firmware updates, app updates/un-installs, old files, etc.

One thing that the phone allows you to do is a Factory Reset to return it to its out-of-the-box condition. This does not wipe any new firmware updates. So, if you have upgraded from, say Gingerbread to ICS, you will retain the ICS firmware. You will need to ensure that your contacts, Calendar, app's, etc; are sync'd with your Google account as this will be restored after the Factory Reset. You can also back your Contacts up, to be on the safe side, by going to... Contacts > Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD card.

To Factory Reset, on ICS, (similar for GB), Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset

Once you have done this your phone should not only be faster but your Internal storage should increase.

Upvote 0
Thanks ironass.
I will try it out.. I have already thought of doing it..but will this solve the problem of the bettery getting overheated? I plan to get a new battery because at the moment I am putting the phone to charge but it is not getting charge. Any experience on this?

Regards,
wishwas.

There can be a number of reasons why batteries overheat, drain quickly or do not charge.

Rogue app's or settings can make your phone run continuously in the background because they have become corrupted. A factory Reset and fresh re-install should sort that out. Typically this can happen after a firmware update where the app's/settings have not been successfully integrated into the new firmware but can also happen over time with successive app updates.

Another reason for battery drain, as the SGSII gets older, is dirt and muck or bent pins in the USB port. A few people have mentioned that using a soft toothbrush to gently clean out the port and check for bent pins has proved useful. Worst case scenario is a trip to a Samsung Service Point for a USB port replacement.

Upvote 0
Hi good people,

I also have a kind of similar issue. I am using the internationa version of the SGS2 with ICS. It is actually my second S2.
My problems started when I upgraded to ICS at the Samsung repair centre, never had problems with GB.
I took my first phone to the Samsung repair centre, but they could not fix it. They even went as far as to replace the motherboard. That did not help. It got to a stage where Samsung replaced the phone with a new one (same model). I thought my problem was gone but discovered that the problem continued even on the new phone (only after ICS upgrade - this time through Kies). I am using the Vodafone South Africa unit.

Worse still, Samsung is having good sales and forgetting about their current customers.

Can anyone help? Please. I am frustrated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones