• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with SD card...

OmensEdge

I just purchased a new SD card and as of now the only way I can transfer files between my computer and the card is to insert the card into an adapter and pull it up in my computer to have it recognized.

Before I was able to just plug my phone into the USB port, select turn on USB storage, and a window would pop up to where I could select the card folder and transfer files to there.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with the card itself. I think it's just having issues being recognized through Windows. Does anyone have suggestions or a solution for this?

Thanks.

I wish I had a solution for you. The only thing I can think of to try would be to turn USB Debugging on, turn the phone off, plug it in to your computer, then power the phone on and see if that will cause Windows to install new drivers.

Insert card into PC. Make a new folder and transfer all the data from the uSD card into it. Exit out of the window. Go to start/computer/right click on the large sd card icon. Select format option when the window appears. A new window will appear. Select FAT in the file system box. Select start. This can take a while so fix yourself something to eat,and relax.
When done put all the files back on the uSD card.

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I was able to fix this by going to the LG site and downloading the driver update tool. Everything now works as it did with the stock card.

Andy do I still need to format the card, though? Like I said, everything looks and is operating proper.

Sounds like you may have " enable usb debugging" turned on. Go to manage applications-development, and make sure it isn't checked.

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I was able to fix this by going to the LG site and downloading the driver update tool. Everything now works as it did with the stock card.

Andy do I still need to format the card, though? Like I said, everything looks and is operating proper.

Too funny. Every other time I see a post like this I always encourage the download of the drivers.... never seems to work for those people. The one time I don't say to download the drivers, the OP gets them and it works lol. :p

Ah well, I was on the right track about the drivers at least. Glad you got it worked out!! ;)

No,you don't need to format if everything is functioning properly. I assumed you had the newest drivers already installed when I read your first post, looked like you would have. That's what I get for assuming. I guess I'm going to have to bone up on my reading and comprehension skills.
Glade you figured it out. It often happens that way for determined,patient individuals with a little logic and reasoning skills.

Back
Top Bottom