• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems finding stuff in the market using scanner/links

cheesemaster

Aug 3, 2010
Hi All,

Whenever I try to use something like the barcode scanner to link to an app in the market I get the "There are no matches for the search pname:com.<insert app here>" message...

Similarly google translate asked if I wanted to install google "text-to-speech extended", and I get the same message.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong (complete Android newbie, so I wouldn't rule out me being stupid!)

Hi All,

Whenever I try to use something like the barcode scanner to link to an app in the market I get the "There are no matches for the search pname:com.<insert app here>" message...

Similarly google translate asked if I wanted to install google "text-to-speech extended", and I get the same message.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong (complete Android newbie, so I wouldn't rule out me being stupid!)

i think its due to the low screen res. re google translate - if you go into settings >text to speech and choose install voice data. then if you open up translate, it will still nag you to install the extended speech, just click ignore, and the speech function will work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones