• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems so far listed here

my note now will not read any sd cards i put in it. i get sd card stopped working unexpectidly and have a perm. sd card is blank and has unsupported files or there is a problem with it on my pull down menu. also will not format sd card and phone is now hangin when i goto wake it up... have done a hard reset and nothing.. off to call tmobile and get a new one i guess.

Upvote 0
Yup.. checked it many times.
Even the re-setting the phone did not help.
Today got a call from Samsung saying that it seems like an issue with the firmware and advised me to take my phone to a service station where they will reload the firmware.
Can I somehow do that at home??

Sounds like you've pretty much done everything you could. I probably would just bring it in, were I in the same position.

Upvote 0
Coming from an IP5 so far the only issue that bothers me is when I try to scan a bar code since I track the foods I eat, it is a 50/50 shot when it will read the bar code.

Positives

Fast, Smooth, works well with the apps I use (keep it to a bare minimum)

LTE is fast but destroys the battery life

keyboard is a little touchy at times, but it could be me just getting used to it

battery life is way better than my IP5

Touch pen, some things work very well sometimes I think the phone is ok without the pen? still have to play around more with this

I personally hate the views of contacts and calendar, iOS was much nicer to look at, which there was an overlay I could install?

I think a lot is the learning curve you come from on a different device, I am not going back to iPhone, I will make this one work, because I like the size of the screen and speed plus everything it does

I still have to play around a lot with the camera and all it's features but it was one main reason I bought this phone, we will see giving it two weeks first.

Upvote 0
Had my phone 3 days and the Menu button and the Return button that light up on the front stopped working. Right before they stopped working the screen froze, when it started working again it had really bad delay in responding to touch and then the buttons didn't work at all. Restarted the phone, buttons worked for about 5 minutes then stopped again. Ended up exchanging the phone for another one.

Upvote 0
My phone has all of a sudden stuck on the lockscreen. I recently downloaded, advanced task manager and someone said to put it on and a setting that kills apps when the screen goes off however now, i click the button the lockscreen pops up and you cannot swipe to unlock for some reason. Yet i can still drag down the task bar. Don't want to but might have to take the battery out. I am unistalling that app if i can get back on it...

dont auto kill the lock screen app or laucher, DUHHHHHHHH

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I just have to speak up here...

dont auto kill the lock screen app or laucher, DUHHHHHHHH

Play nice. Smart phones and their apps have tons of connections and options. Not everything is obvious to everyone. Attitude helps no one, not even the person who thinks everyone else is stupid.

problems so far

none
at all
tmo note ii
4g on prepaid
1.9ghz
600mhz when screen off
multi window since before offical release.

beleve me when i say this, to anyone who says "note ii and why it sucks" the awnser is simple, user error

It's not always user error. Sometimes it's a matter of preference, sometimes it's a setting that isn't obvious, sometimes it's an app that doesn't play well with a particular phone, sometimes it's an actual problem with the phone.

People come here for help, not to be insulted by others.

Reactions: Wiley_11
Upvote 0
Hi folks,

Newb' to the forum here.

Two issues I've had; one definitely not me, the other possibly me.

When trying to use any kind of word processing: texting, snote, an office suite, if I try and select an area for editing the little blue indicator goes nuts. It jumps around the screen, trying to follow my finger or the spen and then returns to the original position. It takes a while to select the correct area and it's frustrating.

My Note seems to be stuck on headphone mode. When I insert or remove the jack the little indicator appears, so it recognises something. However, I can only get sound when headphones are plugged in. Other than that, nothing; no music, alerts, alarms or ringtones. I reckon I could be the culprit though. The other day as I stood up, I walked away with my note on the desk but the jack plugged in. It fell but luckily never hit the ground, the inserted jack caught the fall, so I reckon that tug may have had something to do with it. I done something similar with a new laptop and the tug of the jack meant sound no longer came from the speakers, only the headphones. I removed all recent apps and done a hard reset - nothing. Luckily my carrier have agreed to send out a replacement as they deemed mine 'defective'. :stupido3: Obviously they aren't meant to be thrown around but they are also fragile to the extent that something like this could end up costly.

Anyway, if it's my fault then lesson learned. But that typing issue was still a pain in the crack! :hmpf:

Cheers folks

Upvote 0
Hi folks,

Newb' to the forum here.

Two issues I've had; one definitely not me, the other possibly me.

When trying to use any kind of word processing: texting, snote, an office suite, if I try and select an area for editing the little blue indicator goes nuts. It jumps around the screen, trying to follow my finger or the spen and then returns to the original position. It takes a while to select the correct area and it's frustrating.

My Note seems to be stuck on headphone mode. When I insert or remove the jack the little indicator appears, so it recognises something. However, I can only get sound when headphones are plugged in. Other than that, nothing; no music, alerts, alarms or ringtones. I reckon I could be the culprit though. The other day as I stood up, I walked away with my note on the desk but the jack plugged in. It fell but luckily never hit the ground, the inserted jack caught the fall, so I reckon that tug may have had something to do with it. I done something similar with a new laptop and the tug of the jack meant sound no longer came from the speakers, only the headphones. I removed all recent apps and done a hard reset - nothing. Luckily my carrier have agreed to send out a replacement as they deemed mine 'defective'. :stupido3: Obviously they aren't meant to be thrown around but they are also fragile to the extent that something like this could end up costly.

Anyway, if it's my fault then lesson learned. But that typing issue was still a pain in the crack! :hmpf:

Cheers folks

copying/cuting for editing - You're not in that boat alone. I think that is probably one of the worst functions of Android (and I love Android overall). What I've gotten used to doing is dragging one cursor at a time, but not necessarily trying to drag exactly on the cursor. That has helped me be less frustrated with that function, but does take a little patience (even comparing to old Windows Mobile OS, it's awful...which is saying a lot because a lot of Windows Mobile was awful).

The sound issue does sound like a hardware issue, so I'd just get a replacement if your provider is going to give you one. I use my 3.5mm every now and then and never ran into this issue.

Upvote 0
Here we go...bluetooth causes an interference with Voice commands, notably on Google Voice, speech-to-text (like text messaging), or S-Voice. This is clearly a bug.

My setup: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.1.1 (JellyBean), Bluetooth headset RF-MAB2 (supports HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCR, and Bluetooth 2.1)

There are two known workarounds for these bugs:

1. Hit the volume up or down button (only one click needed) on the phone (not from the bluetooth headset). Yes, it should be totally un-necessary, but it does work--magically, the microphone will pulse again with life and the Note 2 will take input from your bluetooth. This works for Speech-to-Text, Google Voice, and S-Voice. Kudos to Renthorin in this thread.

2. Activate Touch Sounds (Settings->Device->Sound->System->Touch sounds). This adds a(n annoying) "beep" when making any selection on a screen. This only works for Google Voice (headset fully enabled). For me, it does not fix the other two issues. Credit to topshelf95 in this thread

Please visit: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35737, register, and STAR the issue. It is currently about 140th on the list of most squawked items (234 stars). If we can get more people to star it, it will move up the ranks and hopefully get fixed sooner than later.

HTH.

* ijhutch *
Original thread of mine that went unanswered with lots of screenshots

Upvote 0
HI
my mobile is note II

my problem is the screen open its light on lock screen without touch any thing or bottem in mobile and close the light after few second also without touch any bottom ..

I turn off guid galance but not stop this problem ..

I am doing power off every time I leave my mobile without use to maintain battery power..

help me !!:(:( :thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
HI
my mobile is note II

my problem is the screen open its light on lock screen without touch any thing or bottem in mobile and close the light after few second also without touch any bottom ..

I am doing power off every time I leave my mobile without use to maintain battery power..

Not sure if this is the case, but the phone does turn on for every text message received. Unfortunatley, there's no way to disable this (without rooting or using a secondary app). If you receive a lot of text messages, that might be what's happening.

Upvote 0
Has anybody experienced issues with multi-window? I've been experiencing a quirky issue lately where I'll go to re-size the window (with the bar that splits the windows) and the bar will move all the way to the bottom or the top of the screen. When I try to hold and drag the bar to the middle or re-size, the bar just moves back to either the top or the bottom of the screen. Part of me thinks that there's something I'm doing, when I'm dragging the bar, that causes this to happen, but I'm trying to prevent it from ever doing that.

Upvote 0
HI
my mobile is note II

Sounds like you have the Quick Glance feature turned on.

Settings | Motion

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I get the advantage of quick glance. On my bionic, when the screen is off, all I do is hit the power button and the screen turns on instantly for a look and then shuts off. In that video, it looks like it actually takes longer for him to turn on the "glance" feature when he hovers his hand over it. Actually, that delay looks quite irritating compared to just hitting the button. Am I missing something here?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I get the advantage of quick glance. On my bionic, when the screen is off, all I do is hit the power button and the screen turns on instantly for a look and then shuts off. In that video, it looks like it actually takes longer for him to turn on the "glance" feature when he hovers his hand over it. Actually, that delay looks quite irritating compared to just hitting the button. Am I missing something here?
you are talking right
my mobile open on look screen without hover my hand over it

so it is not guid galance !!!:(

anybody here complain of the same problem ???

Upvote 0
My husband recently got the note 2 and this morning almost half of the screen is green so what in the world is going on there as he put on the charger to charge and then woke up and on the left hand side of his phone was a vertical green strip maybe an inch wide. Help as the phone is less than a month old when this has happened

Upvote 0
My Note 2 has been acting weird ever since the update to 4.1.2. now I dont get any calls or msgs sounds. Only the blue LED blinking telling me I missed another call. All the volume buttons are on and Im not on flight mode. I can call and msg but I get no rings or sounds telling of any incoming calls or msgs.

This a common bug? Am hoping 4.2 will fix it but Canada takes forever to update its phones. We are always the last to get software updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones