• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems so far listed here

My ATT Note 2 suddenly Stop charging 90% of the time, I tried replacing the USB Cable but same issue, I tried both AC charger and the USB PC port.

9 out of 10 times it dont charge, 1 out of 10 it do show charging and it do charges. I know its not the Faulty Cable since the cable works fine with other Devices. Is my mini USB port on the Note 2 has gone Bad.
any one else seen same issues related to Charging.

Upvote 0
My Note2 refuses to use the back speaker, and every sound/music is coming from the front (ear) speaker - so overall it's a very quiet phone, hard to use for Navigation...

Edit: I suppose it's the proximity sensor, but there is nothing covering that sensor at all...
Edit2: I tested the sensor via Sensor Test App from AtmoWorker. The sensor is 8.0 when nothing is close and 0.0 when I hold my hand over it. No values in between or higher than that. Could anyone who's back speaker works confirm the values? Thanks.
I tried this simply because you asked. The numbers never stopped moving so I uninstalled it...sorry.
Looked at other apps in the play store but the ratings were so pathetic I didn't bothering wasting time on them.

What you describe sounds like a blown speaker. I'd take the phone back for replacement.

Upvote 0
Well I went by verizon today to see about swapping due to the crackling speaker during speaker phone calls and when playing games. Sadly it seems that they all do it since the two in store does the same thing. Its hard to believe they put such a crap speaker in such a nice device.Guess I wont be maxing the volume out for anything. Worse though is I can add extra volume to a speaker that cant handle the normal level.

Upvote 0
My ATT Note 2 suddenly Stop charging 90% of the time, I tried replacing the USB Cable but same issue, I tried both AC charger and the USB PC port.

9 out of 10 times it dont charge, 1 out of 10 it do show charging and it do charges. I know its not the Faulty Cable since the cable works fine with other Devices. Is my mini USB port on the Note 2 has gone Bad.
any one else seen same issues related to Charging.

Look at post 74 above. Only way I've gotten my phone working normal again is to reboot it. At first I thought I had a bad usb cable but I happen to reboot the phone and noticed all was working again. No idea what the problem is.

Upvote 0
I tried this simply because you asked. The numbers never stopped moving so I uninstalled it...sorry.
Looked at other apps in the play store but the ratings were so pathetic I didn't bothering wasting time on them.

What you describe sounds like a blown speaker. I'd take the phone back for replacement.

Hey, thanks for that. Yes, the same here, this is normal, the earth moves and stuff :) and these are float numbers. I was only interested in the proximity sensor, but turns out that wasn't the issue, the issue is still unknown but a simple reboot fixed it for me.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I am new to this forum...I have my galaxy note 2 for about 3 weeks. last week the phone turned off by itself... kept pressing the power button and the phone seemed dead (screen completely black); so I had to take out and put back on the battery.
Today I had the same issue... pressed all the buttons and no sign of life. I had to remove and put back on the battery

I am getting concern that this might be a defective phone?
Has anyone experienced this??

What should I do?

any opinion counts
Thanks in advanced

-W

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I am new to this forum...I have my galaxy note 2 for about 3 weeks. last week the phone turned off by itself... kept pressing the power button and the phone seemed dead (screen completely black); so I had to take out and put back on the battery.
Today I had the same issue... pressed all the buttons and no sign of life. I had to remove and put back on the battery

What should I do?

any opinion counts
Thanks in advanced

-W

My first thought would be that it's an app that's causing the phone to go into black screen, but you are right to be slightly concerned that it's a problem with the phone (which it could very well be...but should still be covered under warranty, if not through your provider, through Samsung it definitely should).

Nontheless, I'd first try to process what apps have a process that might affect the phone to perform a function like this.

If you're not able to deduct if an app is causing this, I'd suggest doing a hard reset first, and go through each app 1 at a time, to see if any of the apps actually cause the issue.

Worse case scenario, if it continues to happen, bring the phone in for warranty repair or replacement.

Upvote 0
I had an interesting thing happen to me today on my note 2. I tried to make a phone call it seemed to connect on my phone because I had a call timer visible on my call but I had no sound coming through my ear speaker nor the back speaker when I turned it on. The mute was not on either. I then called my wife twice and she called me once and I could not hear her nor could she hear me. I rebooted the phone and all seems to work fine again. I really don't get how there can be so many different bugs in these phones? I thought Google knew what they were doing?

Upvote 0
I had an interesting thing happen to me today on my note 2. I tried to make a phone call it seemed to connect on my phone because I had a call timer visible on my call but I had no sound coming through my ear speaker nor the back speaker when I turned it on. The mute was not on either. I then called my wife twice and she called me once and I could not hear her nor could she hear me. I rebooted the phone and all seems to work fine again. I really don't get how there can be so many different bugs in these phones? I thought Google knew what they were doing?

I agree this Note 2 Quality is in question, they ship it with many small Bugs.
I came from Iphone 4 and they were rock solid..

Upvote 0
I got my note 2 from US Cellular a few weeks ago and really enjoy it but it does seem to have some oddly overlooked flaws that are really annoying.

No auto correct with the default keyboard?!?!
Im not really sure how samsung forgot to put in auto correct with its default keyboard but it is massively annoying. Usually with a smartphone like my old iphone 4 if I misspelled a word it would automatically change it, if I accidentally typed in thr instead of the it would change it without me doing anything but pressing the space bar, with the note 2 it just leaves it as thr...it gives me predicted words that I can click on but it still requires me to break my typing flow to click on the word.

This feature is really easy to fix. You need the Samsung 4.2 keyboard installed. I believe if you do a Google search for latinime.apk you should find it. I have it and LOVE it.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

What should I do?

any opinion counts
Thanks in advanced

-W

so it happened again today.... However I noticed this: since I had couple of missed calls and unread messages, the status LED was blinking the whole time, but the screen was completely dark/black. I tried pressing the lock, home and volume buttons and the screen would not respond.
So I tried using another phone to call my GN2 and the GN2 will not get the call at all, on the other phone all it does is ring twice and go to voice mail.
so I had to take out the battery and put it back on for my GN2 to go back to normal... its getting frustrating with this

do you guys think I should just exchange the phone? or is this something fixible?

Upvote 0
so it happened again today.... However I noticed this: since I had couple of missed calls and unread messages, the status LED was blinking the whole time, but the screen was completely dark/black. I tried pressing the lock, home and volume buttons and the screen would not respond.
So I tried using another phone to call my GN2 and the GN2 will not get the call at all, on the other phone all it does is ring twice and go to voice mail.
so I had to take out the battery and put it back on for my GN2 to go back to normal... its getting frustrating with this

do you guys think I should just exchange the phone? or is this something fixible?

Have you gone through the normal troubleshooting I had suggested earlier of trying to see if this is being caused by an app?

If so and you couldn't discover if it was being caused by an app, have you tried hard resetting?

If you've done all of that already and obviously none of those steps helped resolve the issue, I'd just bring it in to get exchanged.

Upvote 0
The biggest issue I have found so far is if you are playing a game, IE Angry Birds Star Wars, and the sound is turned all the way up the speaker crackles. This happens also on voice calls when it is turned all the way up. However, it does not occur when playing music at all. There have been several people across several forums all saying the same thing happens. Odd they didnt put a speaking good enough to handle the amount of sound for all tasks.

The ringtone is annoying when you receive a call too. I know it started low and then increased on the S3 as well but at least the start of it was decently loud on the S3. It is considerably lower at the start of the ringtone on the N2 by comparison.

Mine also.

Upvote 0
Well I went by verizon today to see about swapping due to the crackling speaker during speaker phone calls and when playing games. Sadly it seems that they all do it since the two in store does the same thing. Its hard to believe they put such a crap speaker in such a nice device.Guess I wont be maxing the volume out for anything. Worse though is I can add extra volume to a speaker that cant handle the normal level.

I'm on my 3rd phone. Still does it.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am new to Note 2 but have experienced the following issue 2x in 2 days :(

"The side vertical bar" seem to disappear for no reason. It somehow reappeared again automatically after some usage within the day 2 days back. This morning after re-starting my device, it disappeared again :(

Please help to advise how to get it back up or to prevent it from disappearing again?

Hold down the back button for 3-4 seconds. It turns the vert sidebar on and off.

Upvote 0
I got my Note 2 last Firday... STOKED

A few issues/problems...
#1 - When I hit the home button the phone DOES NOT go home, it instead goes to the home screen selection screen (not sure what that's called)

#2 - WTF does the sidebar do and how do I edit what is in it?

#3 - I can not move any apps to SD.

Other than that... Green light go.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have an ODD issues with trying to connect my Samsung NOTE 2 to my Windows 8 PC. It appears that every time I try to connect it to my PC as a MEDIA DEVICE, it is rarely recognized. However, if I switch to CAMERA mode, it picks it up right away and I can copy files to it.

However, for the phone to work with the KIES software from Samsung software, I need to connect as a Media Device. I was able to get it to connect a few times after doing the troubleshooting in KIES (where it downsloads the drivers AGAIN), but once I unplug and try to connect again, it NEVER works. I'm confused. I've tried pulling my SD card also, and that does not help.

I've tried mutliple USB cables (official and non), multiple USB ports, USB HUB, etc.

The odd thing is, it ALWAYS connects as a camera, so I know it is working. Although, when it is connected as a camera, sometimes it stops copying files as it loses connection.

Also connects fine to my wife's WIN7 laptop.

Suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones