• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems so far listed here

Drexel, how about this: my friends Note 2 is displaying a small keyboard icon up in the notification Status bar. It comes and goes. He's using Skype. He can't get rid of it.

I have that from time to time also. Haven't gotten a chance to read through manual to see if that is standard. Initially, I thought it was due to spen sensing, but it's not

Upvote 0
Drexel, how about this: my friends Note 2 is displaying a small keyboard icon up in the notification Status bar. It comes and goes. He's using Skype. He can't get rid of it.

It shows up when you're using the keyboard so if you want to change keyboards you can without exiting what you're doing.
emujymur.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi, hoping you guys can help. When I hit the Internet button, and type in Google. Com, the page doesn't load. It looks like it's trying then starts over and tries again without ever getting connected. I have to exit out. It's only for the Google. I can get on any other. Page. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to return it.

I tried this out of curiosity and had something similar happen. Most of the page loads ie the options to search for restaurants, coffee, bars etc are shown and then it starts reloading again. The first time I tried a message with a black background referring to location kept flashing up at the bottom of the screen. It carried on flashing a while and then stabilised with a message requesting the use of location services. I gave permission and the page stabilised.

When I tried it again half an hour later something similar happened except this time the message gave my approximate location with an option to 'Update precise location'.

I checked Settings/Privacy & Security from within Internet and the 'Enable location' was ticked. I clicked 'Clear location access' and removed the tick in 'Enable location'. When I next tried to Google using Internet it was again unstable until it eventually stabilised with a note at the bottom of the screen saying 'Precise location unavailable'.

Sorry about the long post but hopefully it illustrates that the instability I experienced was caused by the need for a precise location. A hard reset would probably exacerbate matters in that it would clear the location information.

I would be interested to hear if it works for you too. Incidentally, I was sitting well away from a window and my GPS position was very inaccurate, when I tried these experiments.

Reactions: Glenn9586
Upvote 0
I posted this on another thread without getting any luck and it is driving me nuts!

This keyboard isn't adding anything to my personal dictionary. I have never had a problem with this using swype on any of my phones before, but this phone is being a total pain.

utade5y6.jpg

I have tried adding to the personal dictionary but that didn't work either

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Hi All.

My UK O2 Galaxy Note 2 is exhibiting an annoying problem with the official headset play/pause button

Say I'm listening to music during the day: The phone's screen is off because I'm working on my computer, but the tunes are playing. I pause the music for a moment (using the headset button) to speak to a colleague. I press the headset button again 30 seconds later to resume playing, 95% of the time it will not detect that the headset button has been pressed to resume play.

If I press the button a couple of times successively it will start playing suddenly. It's almost as if the phone enters a sleep mode when the music is paused that won't wake unless it receives a constant set of inputs.

Weirdly if I hold the button while in this state of sleep it does activate google's handsfree voice thing first time, everytime.

This also happens with an official iphone headset, so it's not an issue specifically related to the official sammy headset.

Does anyone else have this problem?:thinking:

Just an addition to this - I've updated the firmware to the leaked 4.1.2 beta and this problem still exists. Can someone else please confirm or deny if this is happening on their note 2 as well? Please! This is driving me mad.

Upvote 0
The biggest issue I have found so far is if you are playing a game, IE Angry Birds Star Wars, and the sound is turned all the way up the speaker crackles. This happens also on voice calls when it is turned all the way up. However, it does not occur when playing music at all. There have been several people across several forums all saying the same thing happens. Odd they didnt put a speaking good enough to handle the amount of sound for all tasks.

The ringtone is annoying when you receive a call too. I know it started low and then increased on the S3 as well but at least the start of it was decently loud on the S3. It is considerably lower at the start of the ringtone on the N2 by comparison.

Haven't checked the game issue, as I really don't play any games but, the ringtone problem is about my only complaint on the phone so far. It's very annoying.

Upvote 0
The ringtone is annoying when you receive a call too. I know it started low and then increased on the S3 as well but at least the start of it was decently loud on the S3. It is considerably lower at the start of the ringtone on the N2 by comparison.

Haven't checked the game issue, as I really don't play any games but, the ringtone problem is about my only complaint on the phone so far. It's very annoying.

Solution!

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...call-ringer-low-then-goes-up.html#post5175744

Worked for me. Install it. Open it. Then give it a shot :) Unfortunately the notification has to stay in the notification bar but, I'll live because this issue was driving me nuts. So long as it doesn't take a big toll on battery, that is.

You can hide it by going into system -> apps -> the app -> uncheck 'show notifications' and it still works, but I'm wondering if the system will then kill it. Will give it a while and test again.

Upvote 0
I got my note 2 from US Cellular a few weeks ago and really enjoy it but it does seem to have some oddly overlooked flaws that are really annoying.

No auto correct with the default keyboard?!?!
Im not really sure how samsung forgot to put in auto correct with its default keyboard but it is massively annoying. Usually with a smartphone like my old iphone 4 if I misspelled a word it would automatically change it, if I accidentally typed in thr instead of the it would change it without me doing anything but pressing the space bar, with the note 2 it just leaves it as thr...it gives me predicted words that I can click on but it still requires me to break my typing flow to click on the word. And I dont want to download swiftkey or anything cuz I then loose the one handed operation feature and the row of numbers and the pen input and the vice typing stuff. It really pisses me off.

Driving mode only works when it feels like it, not when I tell it to.
If I turn on driving mode where it reads notifications out loud, it may or may not work. Ill turn it on and it will sometimes read notifications to me or it will just make the notification sound and not read anything. if I restart my phone and turn on driving mode it will always read the notifications but having to restart the phone every time I want to use the feature is bull roar.

Keyboard symbol input can be obnoxious.
if I want to put in a comma or something I can either hold down the N button or press symbol, then the comma, and then symbol again. It needs to be made so I can press the symbol button, then the comma, and it should automatically switch back to letters. Its extremely rare that I will put in more than two symbols in a row so I dont need the symbol menu to stay open, it should just switch back to letters for me. that would be much faster than having to hold down a letter to get the symbol or having to press symbol after I have inserted a symbol.

Sending pictures/video through text doesnt really work.
for some reason the Note II doesnt resize images/videos for text messages. I took a 3 second video and tried to text it to my buddy but was met with a message saying "unable to attach file. File size to large" Im not sure if this is the phones fault or US Cellulars doing but I know when I had my iphone 4 with AT&T I could send videos and pictures in a message without any problem, they would be resized and attached automatically. Seems like a silly issue to be encountering now that its 2012...

There is no good way to get to the top of web pages or facebook or any thing long like that.
An example would be facebook news feed. I scroll through looking at everybody's posts or statuses and if I want to get back up to the most current post I have to sit there and flick my finger 100 times at mach 10 to scroll back up to the top. When I first got the phone I remember a little tip box showed up and said I could tap my finger on the top of the phone twice to auto scroll back to the top of web pages and stuff and that worked fine for about a day and then just stopped working and has never worked sense. On my old phone I could just touch near the status bar and it would auto scroll to the top of whatever webpage or facebook or anything that I was looking at. Auto scrolls absence is annoying.

Thats all I can remember at this moment but Ill post other issues when I remember what they are.

Upvote 0
My key board has been replaced with a "Handwriting to Text" pad!

When I do anything that would normally bring up the key board it doesn't appear. I have to manually write it in for the text to appear in the appropriate window.

I've looked through all the settings I can find and can not locate anything that will return the keyboard.

Suggestions?

Verizon - Galaxy Note 2

Upvote 0

When I do anything that would normally bring up the key board it doesn't appear. I have to manually write it in for the text to appear in the appropriate window.

I've looked through all the settings I can find and can not locate anything that will return the keyboard.

Suggestions?

Verizon - Galaxy Note 2

Press and hold the Microphone button and then select the keyboard.

Reactions: Mean Bone
Upvote 0
Hi

Please help. I am at the end of my tether. I recently bought a note 2 and am new to Android. Hope I'm not being an idiot. Everything was fine until a few days ago when suddenly my app store stopped working. Every time I try log in or download anything it says "update account". If I select no then I am unable to download anything yet if I say yes it says "downloading update"and for a while it downloads but before it gets to 100% it goes back to the store without updating and the whole process begins again.

About to throw this phone off a high building. Grrrr. Please can someone help me fix this. Sad face.

Upvote 0

Suggestions?

Verizon - Galaxy Note 2

This drove me nuts for the longest time too, haha! But here's the solution, long press the key in the attached image. You should then see an option for the keyboard (among a few others). Select that and you're back to the keyboard again.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2012-12-03-15-12-09.png
    Screenshots_2012-12-03-15-12-09.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
Yeah, mine blinks Blue...LOL...then I guess my "guess" of green was right for some.

That's strange lol. The only time my light blinks blue once the phone is fully charged is when I have a notification.

As the phone charges, is the led supposed to progressively change color until its fully charged? Mine goes from red to green once fully charged. No in between color changes to lwt me know what level its at if it's even supposed to do that.

Upvote 0
My Note2 refuses to use the back speaker, and every sound/music is coming from the front (ear) speaker - so overall it's a very quiet phone, hard to use for Navigation...

Edit: I suppose it's the proximity sensor, but there is nothing covering that sensor at all...
Edit2: I tested the sensor via Sensor Test App from AtmoWorker. The sensor is 8.0 when nothing is close and 0.0 when I hold my hand over it. No values in between or higher than that. Could anyone who's back speaker works confirm the values? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones