• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sword Fish

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2011
Calgary, AB
Just curious what CPU speeds you guys run you phones at? I cranked mine last night and got a Antutu score of 6050 but over night and this morning I seem to getting really bad battery (not surprised). I have my phone set at 200-1200 right now. I would think that should be normal since the processor is rated for 1.2Ghz. Where do you guys find the balance in speed vs battery?

I have mine set at 100-1200 and undervolted by 50 on each step. My phones still quick enough to do everything I need it for and battery isn't too bad either. I don't think there are any perfect settings. Its just a case of having a play and find a setup which suits your needs. But to answer your question that setup is the perfect mix of performance and battery for me but it doesn't necessarily mean its going to be the best for anyone else.

Upvote 0
200-1200 here too with ondemandx. The last few Siyah kernel updates seem to favour this clock range for smoothness and battery... although one earlier version (can't remember exactly which as there have been a few recently) was ultra smooth, snappy and didn't murder the battery running smartass @ 200-1600.

Hmmm...progress.... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones