• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help proximity sensor questiin

Guys I am about ready to jump off a bridge with the troubles I've been having. It appears my proximity sensor is shot!! This Note 2 is 2 days old. The screen stays on when placed next to my ear regardless of whether the "auto screen off during calls" is check marked or not.

I'm really upset right now, I just tonight got this thing all set up and everything...with exception of the above mentioned works great!

Upvote 0
No screen protector, no case, no damage. Covering sensor with finger tip does nothing during call, screen stays on. Guess I'll do a factory reset right now, I'll report back...Seriously I am so upset right now, if this device is bad that makes for the second bad Note 2, not to mention the 2 overheating LG Optimus G's I tried.

Upvote 0
Hi got the note 2 N7100 and after installing cyanogenmod the proximity sensor seems to turn the screen off during calls and not turning the screen back on when i remove the phone from my face. I've did a stock rom restore and a full unroot and factory reset. yet this problem is still there. However it only occurs in low light areas. Please help!:(

Upvote 0
I am facing 2 problems since 4.3 update. Have also done factory reset after update.
1. Pop-up browser is gone
2. Proximity sensor not working while ongoing call.

I read in some other forum that blowing on the ear piece will clear dust on the sensor. And to my surprise it actually worked. The sensor started working again during the calls. But still not as perfectly as before. I dont know whether this is a lasti g relief or not. I also dont know whether this is a hardware problem or problem with android 4.3 from samsung.
My phone has become quite slow and sluggish also after the update and it seems my phone is always short on RAM with the same number of apps that were there before the update to 4.3.
Planning to instll custom ROM to see if that solves my problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones