• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure messenger widget

i must have - i saw your post that it was there.
i went in and downloaded it but maybe it didn't take.
cause i just went back to market and lo & behold, there is an update.

i'm on verizon and they've been having signal issues so who knows?

seems to be working just fine now! thank you so much!

merci beaucoup, monsieur le geek! :)

Upvote 0
i must have - i saw your post that it was there.
i went in and downloaded it but maybe it didn't take.
cause i just went back to market and lo & behold, there is an update.

i'm on verizon and they've been having signal issues so who knows?

seems to be working just fine now! thank you so much!

merci beaucoup, monsieur le geek! :)

Perfect !
I am glad to ear that.
Moi, geek ? Nonnnnnn ;) (you speak french ?)

Upvote 0
it's a paid app... and there is no lite version.
Before, I was providing a 'SlideMe' solution, but since I have a lot of difficulties to get my payout from them, I dropped this solution.
Now, there is a 'PayPal direct buy' solution (but no update/refund are possible).

http://koxx3.free.fr/vente/widgets.htm

I'm no longer with SlideME; but I'm curious, did George from SlideME ever pay out what you are owed or is that still pending?

Upvote 0
Great application. I do have a few requests that I'm not even sure if they're possible. I have pure messenger as well as pure calendar. I would like to have everything match like some of the other people here and I was wondering if it is possible to add matching skins across the board ( I do understand this is a timely process but I didn't know if that was your intention ) I would also love the ability to change the font size on the messenger widget the way that I can with the calendar. The calendar widget also has the abilit to customize color which is nice but lacking on the messenger version.

Last thing about the messaging widget. I wish that when I click on it that it would load the message page rather than the general application page. For example, if I get a message from James and it is up on the widget then when I click the widget it would take me right to my conversation thread with James.

Thanks in advance for your response and thanks for the great apps!

Upvote 0
Great application. I do have a few requests that I'm not even sure if they're possible. I have pure messenger as well as pure calendar. I would like to have everything match like some of the other people here and I was wondering if it is possible to add matching skins across the board ( I do understand this is a timely process but I didn't know if that was your intention ) I would also love the ability to change the font size on the messenger widget the way that I can with the calendar. The calendar widget also has the abilit to customize color which is nice but lacking on the messenger version.

Last thing about the messaging widget. I wish that when I click on it that it would load the message page rather than the general application page. For example, if I get a message from James and it is up on the widget then when I click the widget it would take me right to my conversation thread with James.

Thanks in advance for your response and thanks for the great apps!

For skins, I don't understand exactly what you mean. There is already a lot of compatible skins. What would you like exactly ?
For Pure messenger, in normal view, I'll add text size option very soon.
And you can already choose text color.

For direct message access, no it is impossible because those applications doesn't offer any external interface to do it. You cannot tell it "open this message" (except for SMS)... all I can do is open the app.
This is the reason why I push the internal viewer... for me, I would like to never have to open the original app (and seriously, may I open it once per day... and I read around 50 messages per day).
I strongly advise you to test it and ask me to add features if you want :)
But for SMS, I don't want to add this feature because it will work only for this one and I don't want to have different behavior for different message types.

Reactions: bostoniansurvivor
Upvote 0
What I'm looking for specifically in regards to the skins is the Futur skin that is available for Messenger.

I will give the internal messager a go. I was hesitant to try it because I don't want to lose my status bar alerts but I don't want them to stay after I've read the message. I've only just downloaded it last night so I haven't had time to fully tweak.

Thanks for the quick and efficient response.

Upvote 0
What I'm looking for specifically in regards to the skins is the Futur skin that is available for Messenger.

I will give the internal messager a go. I was hesitant to try it because I don't want to lose my status bar alerts but I don't want them to stay after I've read the message. I've only just downloaded it last night so I haven't had time to fully tweak.

Thanks for the quick and efficient response.

No problem ;)

'Futur' skin have been made by a french web-designer. I think he will create Futur skins for my other widgets... if you ask him !
just ask here :
New ‘Futur’ skin for Pure messenger Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)

Internal viewer will soon be improved with reply/delete buttons.

Reactions: bostoniansurvivor
Upvote 0
Sorry to be a bother Koxx. The more I use the widgets and play with the settings the more I love them. I have experienced a small hiccup though. I've noticed that in all formats (classic or list) some of my contact pics don't appear. I'd say half do and half don't. I've tried to change the pics and everything else I've been able to think of. Has this been a problem in the past that I'm missing?

Upvote 0
Francois:

I love the list widget. With the Helix launcher I have enough home screens to devote an entire screen to this widget. My only issue is that the 4 x 4 list widget doesn't actually use an entire screen. The 4 x 3 list widget shows about 6 Facebook posts/SMS/emails and leaves enough room for another row of widgets or shortcuts. The 4 x 4 list widget only shows 1 or two additional additional rows and seems to leave a lot of wasted space above and below the widget. It looks like it would show several more rows if it occupied the whole screen like the 4 x 4 calendar widget does. If you can get it to show more messages, I don't mind devoting the screen space to it.

Also, forgive the dumb question, but can I get it to scroll on my Droid as demonstrated in the Home++ video above WITHOUT installing Home++?

Upvote 0
Francois:

I love the list widget. With the Helix launcher I have enough home screens to devote an entire screen to this widget. My only issue is that the 4 x 4 list widget doesn't actually use an entire screen. The 4 x 3 list widget shows about 6 Facebook posts/SMS/emails and leaves enough room for another row of widgets or shortcuts. The 4 x 4 list widget only shows 1 or two additional additional rows and seems to leave a lot of wasted space above and below the widget. It looks like it would show several more rows if it occupied the whole screen like the 4 x 4 calendar widget does. If you can get it to show more messages, I don't mind devoting the screen space to it.

Also, forgive the dumb question, but can I get it to scroll on my Droid as demonstrated in the Home++ video above WITHOUT installing Home++?

The widget show as much messages as possible for a 1.5 screen ratio (480*320).
Widget layouts are very difficult to control, it's impossible to make different layouts for each resolution, with different widget sizes and messages numbers.

For scrolling, no, it won't be possible to swipe and scroll without Home++.
Stock Home app is not designed to support this features, we worked hard with H++ dev to support this feature.
If other Home replacement app would support the same interface, it would be possible to make it working with all Home alternative apps... but never with stock Home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones