• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure messenger widget

As much as I like the Pure calendar apps; I ended up uninstalling pure messenger. It does what it says and looks nice, but I found its just not helpful for me in the end. I get too much mail for all the paging down. I know its a limitation of the api that you cant scroll in the widget. Its just too cumbersome for me and in the end not helpful.

Is there an mail APP that does a similar thing? I would not mind opening an app and have all aceess to all messages in one scrollable app. I guess android 2.1 does part of that.

Upvote 0
As much as I like the Pure calendar apps; I ended up uninstalling pure messenger. It does what it says and looks nice, but I found its just not helpful for me in the end. I get too much mail for all the paging down. I know its a limitation of the api that you cant scroll in the widget. Its just too cumbersome for me and in the end not helpful.

Is there an mail APP that does a similar thing? I would not mind opening an app and have all aceess to all messages in one scrollable app. I guess android 2.1 does part of that.

There is a widget that does allow scrolling that is similar to this, the conversation widget that is native to the GDE home replacement. That only works for sms and call history, but there is scrolling within a widget with that....at least I am near positive....been off of GDE for a couple weeks now.

Do have to say that I love the pure calendar and grid calendar widgets, may give this a try. Have to tell you koxx, if you could make a widget that replaced all of the functionality of that conversation widget I would be all over that, it's the only thing that keeps bringing me back to GDE.

Upvote 0
Nooooooo :p. Oh well at least I get my personal messages (gmail and sms) in one place. Work emails would be nice but not a deal breaker. Your apps still kick ass IMO :D

Don't worry, I'll found a solution (port Android 2.0 app or k9 to support exchange) ;)

Got to agree. No other apps come even close (but we will continue to push to raise the bar).

I think there is a lot of things to improve in Pure messenger... I'll continue to work on it. For me, it my most useful app.

I hope Android will allow scoll in a next version, until then, impossible :(

Have to tell you koxx, if you could make a widget that replaced all of the functionality of that conversation widget I would be all over that, it's the only thing that keeps bringing me back to GDE.

which other features are avilable in conversation widget ?
I don't know because I don't have any Sense device. I'll finish to buy one for testing.

this looks interesting will it work on the Eris?

yes, sure !

Upvote 0
I'm running GDE home replacement on the droid. It has a bundled widget that is close to your new messenger widget, but only tracks recent calls (ingoing, outgoing, and missed) and sms in a scrollable widget.

This is the only widget I've seen anywhere that allows for swiped scrolling within the widget, but if it's there it must be possible.

Upvote 0
I'm running GDE home replacement on the droid. It has a bundled widget that is close to your new messenger widget, but only tracks recent calls (ingoing, outgoing, and missed) and sms in a scrollable widget.

This is the only widget I've seen anywhere that allows for swiped scrolling within the widget, but if it's there it must be possible.

It's there thanks to GDE programming which REPLACE the stock Home app.
With stock, I repeat : it's impossible.

Upvote 0
First of all, I love your apps, they're super handy!

Now I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to add an option to block Facebook "news feed" items? I would like to see any wall posts or messages I get, but having news feed items show up on the widget just clutters things up way too much.

Yes, I plan to separate all individual Facebook informations.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have almost all of your great programs; except for Email...but when exchange works, I will!

I have one issue with messenger though; it makes too much noise!! There doesnt' appear to be a setting for repeating notification sound, so it goes and goes and goes until I pay attention to it. Not so cool at 3am :( I've even selected "Silent" in the ringtone list, but when I do that, it creates a FC of Pure Messenger. Help! I don't want to install another app to fix this though, I know there is one but...I'd really like to stay away from having to do that.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Upvote 0
Hi, I have almost all of your great programs; except for Email...but when exchange works, I will!

I have one issue with messenger though; it makes too much noise!! There doesnt' appear to be a setting for repeating notification sound, so it goes and goes and goes until I pay attention to it. Not so cool at 3am :( I've even selected "Silent" in the ringtone list, but when I do that, it creates a FC of Pure Messenger. Help! I don't want to install another app to fix this though, I know there is one but...I'd really like to stay away from having to do that.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

I never had that problem. I do find that some alerts tend to repeat and some don't (there seems to be some internal coding that makes them loop). All my custom alerts (both mp3 and ogg) play once and adios. I actually wanted to create a repeating ogg and could not figure it out). Try changing to another alert.

Upvote 0
Very strange because my alerts never repeats.
Oh ... one idea: which device do you use ? if your device doesn't have enought memory, it may be the problem (always fully relisting all messages with a new notification each time).
Low memory proiblem cannot be solved, this is the reason why I recommand a 2nd generation phone (Droid, Nexus, Hero, Liquid ...) with enought memory (not Dream, or Magic for example).

Upvote 0
Just a couple of feature requests:
A skin with larger buttons (I keep missing the delete button).
A "delete all" function to kill all messages.

Thanks!

unfortunately, buttons sizes is not a part of skin. It can only be hardcoded (Android SDK limitation for widgets).

For delete all ... why not !

question : I can't edit anymore my first post, is it normal ???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones