• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Queries before upgrading to Gingerbread.

I got the phone today.......and lemme tell ya , the upgrade to GB is available from LG...
I just need some tips before i upgrade through the LG mobile update s/w coz this is my first android phone.
What precautions should i take??

as far as i have read around d net, stock Froyo is much much better than Gingerbread..
i myself havent done d update yet. Just rooted (its easy, and not at all risky.. :D)
correct me if i'm wrong..
 
I would like to add something about question 3.

Sometime back even I had some problem in understanding about how to connect my mobile with PC to use internet. I had the general idea from my samsung mobile phone of using the PC Suite to connect internet through USB.

In android, we have feature of tethering, it can be either USB or Wi-Fi. I personally prefer Wi-Fi though, as I am free to use my laptop and mobile with some freedom, but it will drain the battery a lot more than the USB option.

check this link, its from google support.
 
Do not Update to 2.3 .. I upgraded using official LG firmware LG-P500-V20g

it has brought much misery..
battery life was especially noticeable flaw in 2.3.3, from 2 days to less than 1 day.

I should have check before upgrading, but trusting official release, I just when ahead and did the upgrade.
<forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1189572>
 
Back
Top Bottom