• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about flashing latest radio?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I just noticed the latest evo radio over on xda which is 2.15.00.04.08,

I currently have radio version 2.15.00.11.19, I have never "flashed" a new radio. Anything I should know before I do so?

I just noticed the latest evo radio over on xda which is 2.15.00.04.08,

I currently have radio version 2.15.00.11.19, I have never "flashed" a new radio. Anything I should know before I do so?

Are you flashing them for any particular reason? I never updated my radio's until I had to (flashing a ROM that required updated radio's).

I am not sure that they have the newest radios as of yet. I think that was one leaked from an unofficial update leak a month or so ago and may not be the newest. I would stick with what you have currently as it is the latest official release. When 2.3 is officially released, there may in fact be a radio update and then we will need to flash it. For now though, you should be good to go.

Are you flashing them for any particular reason? I never updated my radio's until I had to (flashing a ROM that required updated radio's).

I am thinking about trying out this rom; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1060456He has the updated radios linked in the thread, although I dont see where it says everything must be current?

What could happen if I flash the rom and my radios arent what the rom requires?

Im running Mik3D B1. When do you know you have to flash a new radio. How can you tell what version radio you have? Is there anything else like this that you would need to know when flashing ROMS?

Im running Mik3D B1. When do you know you have to flash a new radio. How can you tell what version radio you have? Is there anything else like this that you would need to know when flashing ROMS?

settings/about phone/software info. your radio is called baseband. you do not have to flash the radio update if you do not want to. but, people have reported better 3g signal and thus better battery life. but read this thread: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...before-you-flash-your-radios-read-thread.html. now do nt let the warnings scare you. it is just something that you need to beware of when flash radios.

as far as need to know about flashing roms, just make sure that before you flash a rom that you head on over to the op of the rom and read everything in the op. it will usually contain all the info needed in order to flash the rom correctly.

Back