• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about rooting a Nexus..

marvinblue

Hi all. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing, but I would like to root my Nexus S so I can add Titanium Backup to fully backup my device. I had a look at ThaiBoy02's thread and the links through to the XDA dev site and found the guides a little daunting (Noob, remember!! :) ). Anyway, I was floating about the net and found this link: How to Root Nexus S on Android 2.3.4 | Google | RizwanAshraf.com and was wondering if anyone's tried it? It seems really simple, so surely I could do it, but in saying so, almost seems to good to be true?

Any help and feedback appreciated so I don't end up with a brick!!

Thanks!

(It's a stock phone; 2.3.4, baseband is I9023XXKD1, kernel is 2.6.35.7-ge382d80, android-build@apa28 #1).

That sounds about right, but it looks like it's missing a few steps. There is a one click root method available for the Nexus S but i wouldn't recommend it since doing it the complicated way helps you learn exactly what your doing to your device.

The best tutorial i have found is at Theunlockr.

Back
Top Bottom