• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about rooting

aus1n

Lurker
Dec 21, 2012
I have owned an lg connect for 8 months now. My phone was rooted and all was well until I dropped my phone and the screen broke. I paid the deductible for a new lg connect and just got it today. I have seen suggestions on these forums that most of the phones sent back from Metro are refurbished and that rooting a refurbished phone is somehow more dangerous and problematic than rooting a brand new phone. I was wondering if there is any truth to this...I dont want to mess this phone up...refurbished or not...

I have owned an lg connect for 8 months now. My phone was rooted and all was well until I dropped my phone and the screen broke. I paid the deductible for a new lg connect and just got it today. I have seen suggestions on these forums that most of the phones sent back from Metro are refurbished and that rooting a refurbished phone is somehow more dangerous and problematic than rooting a brand new phone. I was wondering if there is any truth to this...I dont want to mess this phone up...refurbished or not...

I haven't read anything like that here, wouldn't think a refurb would handle a root any differently than a new phone, but who knows... What software are you running on it, did they give you an updated handset?

*EDIT - Also, check your model number under the battery. You could possibly have received an MS840V replacement phone running the VV4 software, which may not have a root program anyway?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones