• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about updates?

You can't cause your rooted now if you get the new ROM /update it will unroot and you will be FULL STOCK and need to reroot

So the problem im having is i cant download or updat apps from google play. I tried everything. Im thinking its an update issue?
But you guys dont have the update either, are you still able to download or update apps in the store?
And the system firmware update option acts like its going to download something then doesnt. So if peeps are rooted will they be able to update the firmware? I know someone with a rooted gs3 with this problem

no I believe I'll have to go back to stock to take the update but people end up taking it and putting a rooted version up not too much after if it ever does come out. try going under the app stores settings in clearing cache and data

You will be able to download the update on a deodexed rom, but it will not install. If someone downloads the update and copies it from the /cache directory before rebooting, I will make rooted roms from the update. I do not use this device as my daily and don't even turn it on unless I am working on it so I will not be getting the update first. Please upload it if it comes in so we can all benefit :)

Back
Top Bottom