• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about Xposed Framework

Masterchief87

Android Expert
May 27, 2014
South Florida
I would like to know how well GravityBox and Wanam Kit work on the ZMAX. Since the stock rom is basically vanilla android, and very similar to that of a Nexus device, I'm thinking that all the tweaks included in GravityBox and Wanam Kit should work. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Also, I understand that the system partition cannot be written unless you use TWRP or flash the boot.img to the recovery partition. Since flashing the boot.img to the recovery partition can be very risky if you dont know exactly what you are doing im thinking that the safest and easiest way to install the Xposed Framework would be by flashing the recovery zip.

where did you get the xposed recovery zip??
You flash the xposed installer recovery zip to install xposed framework through twrp and if you install a module that causes a bootloop you flash xposed disabler recovery zip.

Attachments

• 1431833137650.jpg
    1431833137650.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 1431833160823.jpg
    1431833160823.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 1431833179889.jpg
    1431833179889.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 1431833196698.jpg
    1431833196698.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 287
Reactions: jt1954
Upvote 0
You flash the xposed installer recovery zip to install xposed framework through twrp and if you install a module that causes a bootloop you flash xposed disabler recovery zip.
see i clicked the Flash zip automatically and clicked reboot and now my phone is stuck on a black screen and the led lights keep flashing green and red. any ideas?

Edit: nvm fixed the problem :D

Reactions: Psyfer5
Upvote 0

I did exactly as you posted. I was able to flash the exposed framework through twrp. The framework installed correctly... I am trying to install viper4android. I cannot get it working. At the very start where I am to pick audio quality, no matter which of the three I try to use, viper always freezes between when I approve the superuser request and when I select my audio quality... Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I did exactly as you posted. I was able to flash the exposed framework through twrp. The framework installed correctly... I am trying to install viper4android. I cannot get it working. At the very start where I am to pick audio quality, no matter which of the three I try to use, viper always freezes between when I approve the superuser request and when I select my audio quality... Any ideas?
Just give me a min

Upvote 0
Just give me a min

Any ideas? I have uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, and the same thing. It just freezes when I select music quality...

So I just downloaded from a different spot. Now when I open the app, it tells me the drivers need updating and then ask which sound quality I want. I pick it, then it says drivers were installed and that I need to reboot my phone. Whenever I reboot and go back to viper, it starts the process all over again... Grrr... I will NOT give up

Edit. Got it working. The problem was I had installed busybox when I didn't have r/w permissions. Since I ran your zip files, now I do. I can't thank you enough for making AND SHARING those files Masterchief87

Last edited:
Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Any ideas? I have uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, and the same thing. It just freezes when I select music quality...

So I just downloaded from a different spot. Now when I open the app, it tells me the drivers need updating and then ask which sound quality I want. I pick it, then it says drivers were installed and that I need to reboot my phone. Whenever I reboot and go back to viper, it starts the process all over again... Grrr... I will NOT give up

Edit. Got it working. The problem was I had installed busybox when I didn't have r/w permissions. Since I ran your zip files, now I do. I can't thank you enough for making AND SHARING those files Masterchief87
Sorry man I downloaded and installed viper last night and ended up falling asleep early. I'm glad that my zips helped you. Also, don't forget to thank hroark13 too. Hes the one who actually built TWRP for us which is 100 times more challenging than what I did with the zips.

Upvote 0
the one unchecked is in question and I'm too lazy to uninstall...
this is on stock rooted metro 444...

Screenshot_2015-05-23-16-41-26.png
Screenshot_2015-05-23-16-41-23.png

oh...and I write to system when I install...not recommended I know..but, it works FOR ME...
I can manual flash...but the last time it choked...maybe because of the switch...i dunno

IF MASTER CHIEF SAYS TO DO IT A CERTAIN WAY......HE KNOWS..he tested it....by doing the way I do...you can risk something goofy happening.....
if you're not used to goofy stuff happening.........follow the MASTERCHIEF'S DIRECTIONS!!!!....
I am professionally goofy...I'm not always a good example.....

just making sure I pointed that out ...late..but,I said it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones