• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions after root

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Android Expert
Dec 25, 2012
ma
www.sneaky-media.com
Ok, so i accomplished rooting my phone, and i have a few questions:

1. Why is it now, even though I have about 4.5 GB free on my internal memory, when i try to install a high percentage of apps, it says insufficient memory and cancels the installation? It is only some apps, and naturally it is allot of the better apps for rooted phones.

2. I saw, in the root guide thread for the motion, there is an available ROM now, a very basic one, and a recovery that works too. Should i attempt to install this ROM? What are the benefits? What are the drawbacks? Is it worth it in the long run? What are the precautions (backups, steps, ect.), that i should take if i decide i want to install the rom?

I am fairly new to the Android scene, and i don't want to make my phone a $150 paper weight. Thanks for your patience with this noob.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones