• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions from a previous iphone user

scordes

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there. I have had my galaxy note 2 for a week now having been an iphone user for 5 years and absolutely love it. The screen is amazing and its great not being locked down to apple's way of doing things. However, I do have a couple of transition questions. So, here goes:

1) On the iphone, notifications used to pop up on the lock screen and you could respond by swiping or unlock for further options. Is this possible on the note 2?

2) again, on the iphone you could adjust what apps give you what type of notifications and what sounds they give (eg sound and notification bar for yahoo mail, no sound but notification for facebook etc etc). Can't seem to do this on the note 2?

3) I have a couple of emulators (bought and paid for) and have been able to put some roms on the phone and play them ok. However, when i put the games on the external sd card and try and navigate to them all that appears in the folder view is MSYNC. However I can get hold of music and videos on the sd card fine. Can i use an emulator with games on an external sd card? Or do they have to be in the same place. Better still, can I put the emulator on an SD card? My phone will fill up quite quickly!

4) when i put my earphones in, this samsung song plays all the time. I can't find a default setting to get it to stop.

I'm happy to download apps to get any of the above to work.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve, i can help with the first question...

1). GoSms IM will give you that option to preview a notification....downloaded from the Play Store, it even has an Iphone theme :)

it also gives you the option to set it for privacy mode, you will get a notificatipon window but you can only read it by opening it...pretty clever

Screenshot_2013-01-20-19-30-38 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

Iphone theme

Screenshot_2013-01-20-19-36-23 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones