• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions from new user

I just got my Incredible 2 yesterday and I've only had an hour or so to play with it. I have some basic questions that I hope you all can help with. Thank you in advance!

1. I'm coming from the Droid Eris. On the Eris, you could easily silence the phone with one button. I can't see how to do that on this phone. I leave my phone on at night while it is charging but prefer it to be silent so the notification sounds don't wake up my kids.
  2. I was getting a million notifications last night about everything, but I only want notifications for new mail from Yahoo. I don't want notifications for Twitter, FB, linked contacts, etc etc. I can't figure out how to adjust that?
  3. I saw there is a setting to increase the ring volume while the phone is in a pocket or bag. Does anyone do this? Does it impact battery life?
  4. Of course, there is a ton of bloatware on the phone. Is any of it any good? Are any of the games worth playing?
  5. In some cases, when I have visited a web page that page appears quite small and I have to zoom in. On my Eris, the pages always displayed perfectly. Is there something I need to adjust?
  6. When I open the camera, there is a 4 digit number that appears on the screen. What is it? It seems to always begin with 19.
  7. For the built in photo effects, can you apply them after the photo was taken? Or only prior to taking the photo?
Thanks all!

I just got my Incredible 2 yesterday and I've only had an hour or so to play with it. I have some basic questions that I hope you all can help with. Thank you in advance!

1. I'm coming from the Droid Eris. On the Eris, you could easily silence the phone with one button. I can't see how to do that on this phone. I leave my phone on at night while it is charging but prefer it to be silent so the notification sounds don't wake up my kids.
  2. I was getting a million notifications last night about everything, but I only want notifications for new mail from Yahoo. I don't want notifications for Twitter, FB, linked contacts, etc etc. I can't figure out how to adjust that?
  3. I saw there is a setting to increase the ring volume while the phone is in a pocket or bag. Does anyone do this? Does it impact battery life?
  4. Of course, there is a ton of bloatware on the phone. Is any of it any good? Are any of the games worth playing?
  5. In some cases, when I have visited a web page that page appears quite small and I have to zoom in. On my Eris, the pages always displayed perfectly. Is there something I need to adjust?
  6. When I open the camera, there is a 4 digit number that appears on the screen. What is it? It seems to always begin with 19.
  7. For the built in photo effects, can you apply them after the photo was taken? Or only prior to taking the photo?
Thanks all!

1. Hold the volume down button until ringtone volume goes to silent. One button. Or install a widget like widgetsoid to make an on screen button to silence the phone.
2. Those notifications will all have to be adjusted individually from within their programs.
3. Never tried it. Why don't you run some tests and let us know?
4. They are good if you like them. Try them if you are curious. Let us know what you think if you like.
5. bberry said it.
6. I don't remember seeing that, sorry. No help.
7. I think you can only apply them before taking the photo. Check out an app called picsay for editing after shooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones