• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Question about the Droid

obutto

Android Enthusiast
Nov 27, 2009
I'm about to buy a Motorola Droid in five hours after much consideration and reading through forums. However, one question that has addressed me is whether or not the Droid has foreign language support, specifically Korean. I want to listen to some songs with Korean titles, but I'm not sure whether or not the Droid can display Korean letters in its music app. I've heard from previous Android users that 1.5 has difficulties displaying unicode letters and just makes them boxes, similar to the old Zunes (Lol fail player) which cannot support any Asian languages. Anybody have any experience with this?

ALSO regarding the Droid Eris.
Is the on screen keyboard similar to the apple iPhone's (Response time, Sensitivity) or rather similar to the LG Dare (I despise this type of keyboard, slow, vibrate very uncoordinated). And since its running android 1.5 not 2.0, does this have problems with korean too?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones