• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick Question from a Noob

bhmstuff

Dec 28, 2010
Hey Everyone! I recently rooted my phone and setup Apex without any problems and I love it. The only thing is, I didn't really go about it the right way. I got delete happy with some of the bloatware before making a backup (I've since learned the benefit of TitaniumBackup and freezing apps).

So, my question is. Is there a way to get my phone back to the way it came from Verizon so I can do a backup and go through the process of rooting again? I understand that certain things have to be in place to receive OTA updates in the future and I want to make sure I don't miss out on them.

I did some looking around through the forums, but I wasn't sure some of the other solutions I found would work and I definitely don't want to do anything to screw it up more than it already is. Any/all help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a backup from before I rooted, but that was after I deleted some of the bloatware. I wasn't sure if the apps I deleted would effect any OTA updates. I plan on upgrading to the newest Apex tomorrow but I wanted to see if going back to stock and starting over was the right thing to do.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones