• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quick question my old friends!

Thats

That guy is This
So my friend is rooted on the OLDDD .593 GB leak with root. Is he able to now just flash straight to .596 and start flashing mods/etc. Or will he have to do some other SBF'ing etc? Thanks for the help!

Also: I have tossed him interest in CM7. Just little tidbits would be great if you could help him out!

i didnt know there was a .593... but yes he should be able to flash straight to .596 as long as he isnt on any rom

There was no .593 leak, it went from (not including the leaks before these) .591 to .595 then the OTA.

I guess there was miscommunication/incorrect numbering between Thats and myself. Under system version, i have:
4.5.575.MB810.

Build number
4.5.1_57_DX5-3

Baseband
BP_C_01.09.07P

Still fairly new to the whole jailbreaking scene, so forgive my lack of technical prowess in the phone area. My root file that i used before is from Apr 15, 2011 if this helps anyone, else please let me know where to look to give you guys the required information

I guess there was miscommunication/incorrect numbering between Thats and myself. Under system version, i have:
4.5.575.MB810.

Build number
4.5.1_57_DX5-3

Baseband
BP_C_01.09.07P

Still fairly new to the whole jailbreaking scene, so forgive my lack of technical prowess in the phone area. My root file that i used before is from Apr 15, 2011 if this helps anyone, else please let me know where to look to give you guys the required information

to my knowledge there wasn't a .575 either....lol....I think you mean to say .571....or was it .573?.....it was one of those......lol. All he needs to do is follow the instructions at this link for method two and flashing the two files and he will be all set.

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

Back
Top Bottom