• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help quick question

Hello i just bought this phone over the weekend and am having alot of fun learning everything it can do. I have metro pcs service and from time to time i am where i can get no service at all. is there a way to use the wifi to make calls when i have no cell service. Either with the phone itself of by downloading an app. I havn't been anywhere without service yet with my new phone so i am just wondering. also ive heard about rooting the phone and am considering doing so. the only hold up is i have insurance on the phone and dont know if rooting it will cause them to say they wont replace it if it breaks.

Hello i just bought this phone over the weekend and am having alot of fun learning everything it can do. I have metro pcs service and from time to time i am where i can get no service at all. is there a way to use the wifi to make calls when i have no cell service. Either with the phone itself of by downloading an app. I havn't been anywhere without service yet with my new phone so i am just wondering. also ive heard about rooting the phone and am considering doing so. the only hold up is i have insurance on the phone and dont know if rooting it will cause them to say they wont replace it if it breaks.

Hey there,

There is now way for them to know that you are rooted. Heck, I don't even think they know what rooting is. However, rooting AND unrooting is as easy as pressing one button.

Hi! Joser is right! Rooting your phone will void the warranty it's true, but all you have to do is unroot it if you have to make an insurance claim. I have ins on mine too but I don't even know why. LOL

Main thing is this: Backup everything BEFORE you root. Then follow the slimple step by step instructions found in the sticky Guide.

Easy as pie! :)

Another quick question. I have the Cricket Ascend 860, got as a Xmas present from the wife and daughters. Great phone, never had an Android but I love it. I've read alot of these forums and I'm getting some great ideas. I've loaded the Better Keyboard and Jaz, ur rite, much better for me. But the main question I have right now is this...How come I can only access the Cricket Market to download any apps when I have WiFi on, If there is no WiFi present, the phone gives me a "Network Error" message. Whether there is WiFi present or not, I can still access the Internet, but not the market. I've talked to service person at the Cricket store and they have no idea, they referred me to call the service people, but u guys here seem to know more than they do. Please help, overall its a great phone, just still getting used to all the different things it can do.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom