• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RadioShack no longer selling EVO V 4G Online

Like many others, my order showed "processing" on the evening of May 31 and the next morning it shows "cancelled."

What is really reprehensible is that RS did not even send out cancellation notices. Only by checking your order status online can you find out that the order was indeed cancelled.

The other reprehensible thing is that when I ordered the phone showed "in stock." I don't like to support vendors who give false inventory information and then just renege on it!

Upvote 0
Like many others, my order showed "processing" on the evening of May 31 and the next morning it shows "cancelled."

What is really reprehensible is that RS did not even send out cancellation notices. Only by checking your order status online can you find out that the order was indeed cancelled.

The other reprehensible thing is that when I ordered the phone showed "in stock." I don't like to support vendors who give false inventory information and then just renege on it!

I received a cancellation email. I went and ordered through VM'S website.

Upvote 0
As stated in another post I personally don't feel this is Radio Shacks fault. They were promised so many units on a specified date and for whatever reason Virgin didn't come through. Instead of keeping you on backorder until another promised delivery does/doesn't show up they cancelled your order. Every order placed on VM's site is on backorder proving that there are major supply issues, so again I can't blame the Shack because it's vendor dropped the ball. Again!!

Upvote 0
It's online again and also has store locator active, none of the stores in my area have it yet though.

HTC EVO V 4G No-Contract Phone for Virgin Mobile - RadioShack.com

I'll have the money by thursday for the phone, I'm hoping all you pre-orders get yours and the stores finally get some stock so I can walk in and get one.
I would call instead of relying on that tool. Numerous Radio Shacks have already received the phone prior to the official 6/10 retail launch. They probably aren't out yet, just call and ask them to check in back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones