• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ram

Prime85

Android Expert
Anyway we can get more use out of the RAM on this phone? Its only showing 290 even though it should have 512.

Anyway we can get more use out of the RAM on this phone? Its only showing 290 even though it should have 512.

Where are you getting this number from? I have a feeling that 290mb number you're seeing is the amount of free RAM.

Isn't the 512 RAM where the operating system is?

No, the OS is installed into half of the 8gb of flash storage this phone has, the other 4gb is reserved for the internal SD card.

Where are you getting this number from? I have a feeling that 290mb number you're seeing is the amount of free RAM.

No, the OS is installed into half of the 8gb of flash storage this phone has, the other 4gb is reserved for the internal SD card.

Ment to say 390. I guess the rest is in use by the OS. I think they should show total RAM though instead of hiding RAM being used by the OS

Something odd I noticed regarding RAM...

The amount of total available RAM seems to change on reboots or something, because yesterday when I went to Settings--Applications--Running Services and added up the two numbers for RAM used and RAM free, the total was 305 or something around there. Today the total between the two is only 262. So for whatever reason there is over 40mb not available today that was available yesterday. Gonna have to look into this a little more

Something odd I noticed regarding RAM...

The amount of total available RAM seems to change on reboots or something, because yesterday when I went to Settings--Applications--Running Services and added up the two numbers for RAM used and RAM free, the total was 305 or something around there. Today the total between the two is only 262. So for whatever reason there is over 40mb not available today that was available yesterday. Gonna have to look into this a little more
yup it changes with every app installed, data save, and cache. ;)

Back
Top Bottom