• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Chinese msg??

droidraf

http://tinypic.com/r/14e83er/6

14e83er.jpg

this random msg pops up every once ina while ..supperrr annoying. I used lookout add searcher to see if it was any of my apps but it shows my apps are clean. any ideas what this can be ? are you Chinese ? what does it say ? ! lol

yeah i dont dl any mp3s i have no idea what it could be. Sometimes i get like 5 msgs a day ..other days i get none. idk

My spoken Chinese is somewhat better than my reading, but it seems to say. "Love, I am waiting for you. Where are you?"

Spam from some Chinese dating service perhaps, or some sort of fortune cookie thing?

My spoken Chinese is somewhat better than my reading, but it seems to say. "Love, I am waiting for you. Where are you?"

Spam from some Chinese dating service perhaps, or some sort of fortune cookie thing?

hmm ..weird any tips on how i can get rid of it ? is there a certain file most spam goes too that i can delete ?

hmm ..weird any tips on how i can get rid of it ? is there a certain file most spam goes too that i can delete ?

Do you know what kind of notification it is? SMS, notification bar ad e.g. AirPush, app notification? What happens if you try and open the Chinese notification messages?

You could try LookOut, that's supposed to be good at finding this sort of thing.

The envelope icon implies it could be a SMS notification, and you might even be charged for receiving them. Could you have installed some app that does background SMS?

I sometimes get Chinese spam SMS, but then I'm in China and my carrier is China Mobile. :rolleyes: Usually it's some crap, like I've won an iPad or something.

Do you know what kind of notification it is? SMS, notification bar ad e.g. AirPush, app notification?

You could try LookOut, that's supposed to be good at finding this sort of thing.

The envelope icon implies it could be a SMS notification, and you might even be charged for receiving them. Could you have installed some app that does background SMS?

I sometimes get Chinese spam SMS, but then I'm in China and my carrier is China Mobile. :rolleyes: Usually it's some crap, like I've won an iPad or something.

i havent installed any apps recently. the notification doesnt make any noise the little envelope just shows up in my status bar. I tried lookout and it did not detect anything. i also did a full antivirus scan with 3 different antivirus programs and they did not find anything. idc if it charges me cuz i have a unlimited plan its just supper annoying ! especially cuz i cant read it lol

i havent installed any apps recently. the notification doesnt make any noise the little envelope just shows up in my status bar. I tried lookout and it did not detect anything. i also did a full antivirus scan with 3 different antivirus programs and they did not find anything. idc if it charges me cuz i have a unlimited plan its just supper annoying ! especially cuz i cant read it lol

Not sure if it will let you, copy and paste into Google Translate?

You might not have installed any apps recently, but have any apps been updated automatically, and are now doing something they didn't do before. That's a possibility.

You could try doing a reset to factory defaults. If there's anything on the phone doing it, that should clear it.

Not sure if it will let you, copy and paste into Google Translate?

You might not have installed any apps recently, but have any apps been updated automatically, and are now doing something they didn't do before. That's a possibility.

You could try doing a reset to factory defaults. If there's anything on the phone doing it, that should clear it.

i reallyyy dont want to factory reset and re-root and set up all my stuff all over again. Im sure apps have auto updated but i have no clue what one is causing the problem. Also it wont let me copy paste =/ that was the first thing i tried to do

You could try Norton's Ad Detector to find which app is causing the notifications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symantec.android.spot

And after you find the app causing the issue & if your rooted, you can use Lucky Patcher to remove the ads from the app.

Well... MetroPCS does solicit "airpush" text messages... It happens on all my friends phones and mine...

Sent from my potato

i reallyyy dont want to factory reset and re-root and set up all my stuff all over again. Im sure apps have auto updated but i have no clue what one is causing the problem. Also it wont let me copy paste =/ that was the first thing i tried to do

that does not unroot you. unbrick/unroot guide unroots you.

I downloaded Reckless racing 2 a while ago on this phone and I was getting add messages in my status bar, I came upon this program in Google and it was the one that told me that that game was the culprit.
I just ran the program clicked on scan and it immediately found it.

If its airpush this should identify it for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wOSwiY29tLmJyb3NtaWtlLmFpcnB1c2hkZXRlY3RvciJd

If it isnt it doesnt hurt to give it a try anyways.

Both of those apps requested are good apps but they did not do the job. I figured it out though ! i went uninstalling the apps i thought it could be one by one when the msg popped up and as soon as i uninstalled my fruit ninja game the msg disappeared ! Then i remembered i updated fruit ninja using an app called "blackmart" and i guess it came with the BS. If you get pop ups like this its most likely from apps youve downloaded or updated from blackmart ! hope this helps anyone with the same problem !

Both of those apps requested are good apps but they did not do the job. I figured it out though ! i went uninstalling the apps i thought it could be one by one when the msg popped up and as soon as i uninstalled my fruit ninja game the msg disappeared ! Then i remembered i updated fruit ninja using an app called "blackmart" and i guess it came with the BS. If you get pop ups like this its most likely from apps youve downloaded or updated from blackmart ! hope this helps anyone with the same problem !

Reason #235809 why you should always download apps only from the Play Store...

Sent from my potato

Blackmart is a way of getting/stealing paid apps for free, and is illegal.
No prizes for guessing where most pirated software comes from..... 中国

Back
Top Bottom