• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random reboots

Ok this is something that has happened to a previous rom (i forget which one) but also, now, happens on my current Superrom B11. Pretty much what it does is it will randomly restart- scrolling through in the home screen, playing a game, watching a video, it doesnt matter. What ive noticed is that the battery power percentage changes everytime it reboots. It could be at 95%, 5min later it will reboot, then be at 50%, 10min later, reboot and be at 35%. That was just an example, but thats what im seeing. Also, the battery sometimes charges too fast on a 1A charger. When it first did this on my previous rom I thought it was the battery so I replaced it with a new one, but now it also does it to this one.

I was messing around with it prior to typing this and i was messing with the oc setting- At 16xx ghz, i popped open youtube to watch a video and it rebooted. set it at 14xx ghz, same thing. set it at 7xx ghz and it ran but had to turn it off because of work.

is it a voltage issue that it has? I thought the stock speed is at 1401ghz or something? Shouldnt it run stable at that speed?

Have you tried going back to stock kernel and removing your voltage app/apps?

hey the fast discharge I do tree time is clean delvi cache and clean cache then reboot me that resolve discharge issue

No I have not tried reverting back to the old Kernel. I tried uninstalling all the overclocking apps but it still does it.

No I have not tried reverting back to the old Kernel. I tried uninstalling all the overclocking apps but it still does it.
You could try the stock kernel if you exhaust all your other options. No idea if it will help. Or you could make a backup, wipe everything, flash a rom and see if the problem persists without making any changes. Then pay attention to what you change when it starts acting up again.

well clearing cache/delvic didnt do anything. I let the phone charged and put the phones clockspeed back at 14xx ghz via setcpu. It started rebooting once again as soon as opened an app. So I deleted the setcpu app but that didnt do anything. It got so bad that it would reboot, load homescreen, but as as soon as I scroll, it would reboot itself. Battery went from 95% all the way down to 9% within 6 minutes, gradually getting lower everytime it reboots. I got mad and popped off the battery while it was rebooting and installed the old 'bad' battery. Seem to be working fine this time? I dont get it.

well, for reference, replacing your battery with an aftermarket one is something you may want to take into consideration. obviously it wasnt able to handle the load

other than that i dunno maybe its just going out and the different battery just made it worse

Back
Top Bottom