• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random sending of text messages

Alive063

Lurker
Dec 8, 2022
Blackview BV9900
My phone sends random texts to itself, this can cost me my months credit if the text sends in between me topping up and the company taking my payment, (I pay 20euro every month and get all calls and all data but no texts) is this a scam and is there a way to stop this happening in settings?

The carrier is Eir in Ireland, I have tried denying permissions where I find them, I only find out it has happened when I get a notification saying 'not enough credit to send text', when I look at details it gives my own number as the recipient. I topup 20euro, the rouge text skims 10 cent or whatever off the top then there is not enough to trigger my plan and my remaining credit is sucked out in a day or two before I have noticed. I have to let my plan expire then connect to wifi, topup and hope the plan starts before the rogue text skims me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones