• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Raspberry Pi

Xyro

4 8 15 16 23 42
Yesterday I picked myself up a Raspberry Pi. I was wondering if anyone else around here has one, and what they're using them for?

I'm mostly getting it with the non-specific plan of tinkering, and trying to teach myself a bit of Python.

Me and two other guys are experimenting with a few projects with rasberry pi. I'm not fluent in any language and have been trying to learn a little myself. We are working on that Billion dollar money maker project lol

Mostly like you though we are just tinkering. My only frustration is I still put in yum instead of apt-get because i'm a fedora /opensuse user.

So far I've just stuck Rapbian on there, set it up so I can SSH into it over my network and messed around a little with Python. I've actually been trying codeacademy.com too, which is quite nice as they have a in-browser terminal emulator for their lessons.

I've got one for a project that I still haven't had time to assemble (though I *think* I have all the components I need). My goal is to use the Pi + a webcam to make my garage door a bit smarter, be able to automatically open/close it when I turn onto/off of my street.

Until I get time to assemble that, though, I've just got it running an SSH server for my house in case I need remote access for whatever reason.

I've got one for a project that I still haven't had time to assemble (though I *think* I have all the components I need). My goal is to use the Pi + a webcam to make my garage door a bit smarter, be able to automatically open/close it when I turn onto/off of my street.

Until I get time to assemble that, though, I've just got it running an SSH server for my house in case I need remote access for whatever reason.
Awesome Idea

Mine's currently sitting unobtrusively under my TV, working as a media player, running Kodi. Got a little IR receiver plugged in, and the TV remote programmed to control it. Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom