• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root re: download error message

In recaping this the same basic process as like when I have to do a back up to my D: hd when the C drive on the laptop gets to full of crud and I have to wipe the partition and restore everything from my backup cd's. And this process will reset the phone to factory new default settings? My primary system is Windows. I started at Win 3.1 and now at Win7

Recovery I'm speaking of is one of three programs: CWM, TWRP, Philz and this device has all 3 but that lets you wipe, backup, restore, & flash new/modified softwares..

Upvote 0
The phone is already rooted. Is the "Recovery" an other app? Also am I going to have to re-root the phone after installing the new ROM?
Should not need to re root might have to install an su supper user app or flash one should all be in that like in the ROM if u don't have a recovery flashed u can get flasify from play store get twarp then use flashify to flash twarp .were here to help no question is dumb OK just ask away

Upvote 0
Should not need to re root might have to install an su supper user app or flash one should all be in that like in the ROM if u don't have a recovery flashed u can get flasify from play store get twarp then use flashify to flash twarp .were here to help no question is dumb OK just ask away
ROM has SuperSu zip within

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
I said before: Is there a step by step instructions available? The instructions at http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7127354 are not clear enough for me.
Yes go into custom recovery wipe all cache ,and system ,factory reset boot back into recovery then flash ur ROM make sure ur ROM to flash is on ext sd

When you say "make sure ur ROM to flash is on ext sd". Do you mean that the Rom flash prog is on the plugin sd card? And this whole jass won't mess with anything stored on the plugin sd card? I am just making sure that I have all my ducks lined up in the right order before I start.

Upvote 0
When you say "make sure ur ROM to flash is on ext sd". Do you mean that the Rom flash prog is on the plugin sd card? And this whole jass won't mess with anything stored on the plugin sd card? I am just making sure that I have all my ducks lined up in the right order before I start.

Correct. Ext SD is your "plugin" External micro SD

Upvote 0
I have spent all night looking for a place to download CWM/PhilZ Recovery and found a big fat nothing. Here is a screen capture of the recovery mode in my phone.

zte recovery mode.JPG

Upvote 0
The process at http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7040009 does it need a rooted phone to work? The cmd's I got from Boost Mobile literally wipes the phone (except the ext plugin sd card) clean and puts the phone to a brand new factory default state. The phone is now not rooted. I am trying to remember which process worked to get the phone rooted. I tried Framaroot already and that doesn't work.

Steve

Upvote 0
Bcrichster. I went and looked up the instructions at http://androidforums.com/threads/re-re-rooting-a-zte-warp-4g-n9510.890137/#post-6837775 that you gave me some time back for rooting this ZTE phone.
It is not going as plained and as easy. 1st off after I booted up the Warp 4G Unbrick tool. That much worked fine. But when I left click on the folder "MY DOC" nothing happens and when I right click (look at the 1st picture).
right click my doc.JPG
There is no ZTE unbrick tool to open or partition folder.
I have found 2 ways to get to the Terminal window. 1st is by starting the ZTE unbrick tool from the desktop. The 2nd way is via the terminal icon at the lower right corner in the task bar then typing the cmd's in.
In the 1st way then brings up a list and I type in the code for the type of phone. I type the code in and get:
device not detected.JPG
Device not detected
On the 2nd way via the terminal direct. Everything goes fine with the cmd input until I get to the "fastboot boot_mmcblk0p16_recovery.img. The following comes up on the phone screen: "downloading, do not turn off". The phone just hangs there doing nothing and the ZTE Unbrick/lenox desktop freezes. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones