• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really need help...

Jlm24

Nov 10, 2011
I bought a Galaxy Precedent, but I sold it to my uncle because I decided to get a contract through AT&T. Well, he has the phone, but he didn't make a google account. Now, he's locked out of the phone because of too many failed attempts at getting the pattern. How in the world is he supposed to get back into the phone? He doesn't have a google account sinced to it. Someone please help with this, because it's too late to take it back to Walmart and $150 isn't something I can easily throw away. I've tried everything I can think of with no luck whatsoever. I've called Straight Talk customer support but I just keep getting passed back and forth between reps with no help. Please help :(.

get into recovery mode and do a factory reset, he will lose everything on the phone but it will be usable again :)

if its like the prevail recovery mode is while the phone is off volume up camera and power til it gets there

Yup its just like the prevail in that aspect and if that dont work you can always ODIN it, that will put it back to like the day it was bought only it will be rooted.

Reactions: Jlm24
Upvote 0
He tried that method to reset it but, after he did it, it just said downloading and he is still locked out. I'll look it up, but I'm not sure how to use ODIN on it. Can I use it even though we can't get into the phone? There has to be an easier way to do this. If not, then that's a pretty bad problem they have. I have to have it solved by this weekend or give him his money back, so any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
He tried that method to reset it but, after he did it, it just said downloading and he is still locked out. I'll look it up, but I'm not sure how to use ODIN on it. Can I use it even though we can't get into the phone? There has to be an easier way to do this. If not, then that's a pretty bad problem they have. I have to have it solved by this weekend or give him his money back, so any other suggestions?

if it just said downloading he was holding vol dwn, camera and power he needs to do Vol UP camera and power, Vol Down camera power is what you use to get it so u can ODIN it.

Upvote 0
if it just said downloading he was holding vol dwn, camera and power he needs to do Vol UP camera and power, Vol Down camera power is what you use to get it so u can ODIN it.

I told him to do the volume up one but he said it didn't work. Btw I'm trying to do this by texting him the instructions because he's not that tech savy so this is freakin frustrating for me. I saw the link to get odin in another post but how would I put it on his phone? And the phone isn't rooted. Ill get it from him this weekend so I can mess with it myself.

Upvote 0
I told him to do the volume up one but he said it didn't work. Btw I'm trying to do this by texting him the instructions because he's not that tech savy so this is freakin frustrating for me. I saw the link to get odin in another post but how would I put it on his phone? And the phone isn't rooted. Ill get it from him this weekend so I can mess with it myself.

FIRST have the drivers installed on your computer
unzip the package to your desktop

to odin the phone you would hold vol dwn, camera, power till it says downloading in yellow,

plug phone into usb port

Ok now Steps are here in pics for the odin program

odinhelp.jpg

Once You have finished this and the phone has booted back up, Turn the Phone OFF Hold VOL Up, Camera, and Power till you get a screen with an Android on it, at the top of the list will be reboot now use volume up/down to goto the Factory Reset Option press camera button use vol keys again to select yes hit camera it will do it thing and then go back to main screen again with reboot highlighted hit the camera button and let it boot up, This will take care of the Google Auth Error that will happen after running the odin.

I hope this helps you Out.

Reactions: Jlm24
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones