• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really Want This To Work. Can It?!

Willyg44

So I usually have my phone placed on a pillow or something when I sleep, so the speaker in the back is bad for alarms usually. I thought of a solution, that I would LOVE, but wondering if it is possible in any way?

Could I hook up my phone via headphone jack, to my speaker system, so when the alarm goes off it would play through the speaker system? That would be sooo amazing and would make it a lot easier to get up to! :) Any thoughts appreciated!

Well I'm at work til late at night, and was curious. And also thought it would be unlikely without an app or some sort of workaround, or people would be doing it already.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution though.

Well I'm at work til late at night, and was curious. And also thought it would be unlikely without an app or some sort of workaround, or people would be doing it already.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution though.

I am testing it out now...and it comes through my headphones...so I guess itll work through your speakers!

All alerts, sounds, and notifications come through my speakers when plugged into the headphone jack and Aux in my truck, don't see why this wouldn't work.

You could also lay the phone, speaker up, on your pillow. :D

yes, this should work, obviously. I bought a set of "computer speakers," complete with subwoofer, for my bathroom and just plug my DX in to them (and it works amazingly well.) Any sound going to your headphones will simply play through your speakers.

Ah, thanks guys awesome news for me! :) I could indeed just place the phone face down lol.. I usually keep the turn over to silence feature on though, and don't like having to change it and put it back. Plus, I have a hard time getting up, and this is gonna be great! :D

I usually keep the turn over to silence feature on though, and don't like having to change it and put it back.

Ya know...I think you just made me realize why my phone doesn't seem to ring while in my pocket...thanks.

Ah, thanks guys awesome news for me! :) I could indeed just place the phone face down lol.. I usually keep the turn over to silence feature on though, and don't like having to change it and put it back. Plus, I have a hard time getting up, and this is gonna be great! :D

A freekin genius! Good night.

Yep it sure does, and I use this setup every night. I took someone's suggestion and picked me up a mini-speaker (I'm too cheap to purchase the higher end Mini-X II Capsule) and ended up picking this one up from Staples for $10.

I have to say, I'm impressed how loud this thing can get without major distortion...besides, it's only $10.

Omnitech Mini-Speaker | Staples

i put mine on speaker/vibrate. i put it on top of a Tupperware bowl with the cover lose. when it vibrates my dog goes ape sh*t. works for me :)

You could also lay the phone, speaker up, on your pillow. :D

but then you wouldnt be able to look at the locked screen while you were sleeping. :p
who knows why people dont think of these things, because that is exactly what i do... i just leave my phone face down on the nightstand while i am sleeping to make sure i can hear it ring.

Back
Top Bottom