• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recommend me an Alarm Clock App?

I have an issue with riding the snooze button, or accidentally hitting the off button and over sleeping. I downloaded the alarm clock extreme. You can set it up that you have to solve puzzles or math problems to snooze or turn off. It stimulates my mind and makes me jump right out of bed when I shut it off. Its really annoying, but very effective

x2

Upvote 0
I also use Alarm Clock Xtreme and use it to require myself to do several math problems to dismiss the alarm, although you can snooze it before dismissing so you can do math without the alarm going off the whole time. Which results in me just snoozing it over and over, so I just now set it to also require me to do a math problem to snooze it each time. I've never been good at waking up on time...

Upvote 0
What's wrong with the stock alarm app?
In my case, it's useless, since I tend to just dismiss it and go right back to bed without hardly even waking up. On weekends I might set it in an attempt to maintain a normal sleeping pattern, but there are days when I clearly remember setting it the night before and yet wake up long after the alarm would've went off and it was properly dismissed, with zero recollection of ever having disabled it earlier in the morning. I'm a bit of a zombie when first waking up, lol

Upvote 0
Never found a flawless alarm clock they all seem to not work sum mornings, but agreed alarm clock plus is the best, plus it has customization options

I'm sure they work every morning, you just turn them off and fall asleep and forget :)
I do that with my digital alarm clock too, that's why I need to set that, my phone's, and my computer's alarm clock so that doesn't ever happen XD

Upvote 0
Alarm Clock Xtreme. For many reasons.

You can have the alarm volume slowly increase in volume which makes for a more pleasant awakening.

You can prevent unintentional dismissal of alarms by using many of the custom settings (such as entering a passcode to turn off the alarm). You can also touch anywhere on the screen for snooze instead of trying to hit a small button.

I have tried several and this one is my favorite.

EDIT: I also want to add that this app has never failed me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones