• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recovery defunct (use Kouma's)

rbheromax

Android Expert
Link: http://dev.dtalley11.com/rbheromax/samsung/sph-m840/cwm-pink-glitch.tar
Update:
Thanks to Orthuvas we have somewhat of a working CWM
1ypC5fi.jpg

Flash with Odin

yeah, the next one i upload will have mounts fixed...i just need a copy of the build.prop and stock recovery image
it'll be about 30 minutes to get it right

edit: more than that, my vbox debian died :(

^^^
Something is not good with RING, my ring is bootlooping without any reason ...
cant give you stock build.prop right now..

Please send me stock recovery...

for me it was battery drain, kept it on charge over night....
device is booting now, but no recovery at all.
@joemossjr you still have that stock recovery tar with you ?

i cloned it tried my own build with build.clockworkmod.com got bootloop so your bild is the only build working lol

ok heres the deal i have a samsung prevail 2 same phone. its through boost. i rooted using framaroot. took the update and phone started bootlooping. would even go into recovery. so tried various things basically fing my phone up. CWM will not come up. o i cant flash a stock rom. i made no backups. so ive been flashing using odin. ive got my kernal flashed and also android recovery. which means it gets passed samsung with yellow triangle. also after that it is doing what it did orignally after i took the update which is after triangle a blank screen. which it wasnt doing that even any help is appreciated. i jailbroke and rooted countless phones this one has fed me up lol

So is your phone fully booting at all? Or still looping now? An if your desperate we have an Odin backup for this phone, but if you flash that your phone should work but will display as a galaxy ring not prevail 2. And were almost done with cwm, I got it to a point where it boots and functions but has a static blue screen.

Yes still bootlooping. Ive tried everything i even have the open source rom for my phone from samsung. if i flash the stock virgin rom i could at least get it on and go from there this phone has same build kernal all that. plus virgin and boost use same network might work.

thanks alot i did some tinkering thinking i could flash stock rush but no good. on another thread shabby penguin said it was same phone but its not. im getting samsung screen w triangle and then blank black screen. im prob gonna need the whole works modem and all. ive flashed like 25 times on binary counter. boost support was no help. thanks alot guys. i just joined the forum but would like to advance my dev skills.

I have the JB open source i tried flashing this in android recovery. no go also Another question. I flashed a bootloader from a rush so i may need to get that. Also flashed the test cwm for this phone and i get blue screen. Is there anything i can do

Back
Top Bottom